Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dembowski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Honorable Discharge
    Can an honorably discharged use GI Bill?
    okweeb Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Of course, one can if they meet the eligibility requirements. See Below.

Montgomery GI Bill Eligibility Details

To be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill you must meet the following two requirements, no matter when or how you originally become eligible for MGIB. Character of discharge. To use MGIB after you're separated from active duty, your discharge must be fully honorable. Discharges "under honorable conditions" and "general" discharges don't establish eligibility for MGIB.

Important Note: If you weren't eligible previously with your first period of active duty, you may have a second chance by using a later period of active duty.

Completed High School. To use MGIB as an active duty member or after you're separated from active duty, you must obtain a high school diploma or equivalency certificate before you apply for benefits. Completing 12 hours toward a college degree before you apply for benefits also meets this requirement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Released with Other than Honorable Discharge from the Army. Help? [ 2 Answers ]

I enlisted in the U.S.Army 10th CAV from 2000-2004. I was hurt in a Hummve bridge accident during training and was rushed back to the Line Unit without properly being diagnosed. When I was seen by a non-military doctor three years later the evidence found that I had damaged discs and a pinched...

Other Than Honorable Discharges [ 3 Answers ]

Do veterans with other than honorable discharges qualify for any educational benefits?

Honorable discharge. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My question is that I was in the navy reserves for two years but I signed up for eight. Now, I received an Administrative Honorable discharge. Will I still be entitled to some type of military benefits or perks?

Other than honorable discharge [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently in the military, and I've been diagnosed with a personality disorder, they are chaptering me out because of this, but my packet is at JAG, and it's been kicked back twice already. I'm getting really impatient and me and my wife really need to go back home. We are currently in germany,...

View more questions Search