Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Earnit_12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 10:09 AM
    How do you install an air vent in the basement bathroom?
    I have a 45 year old tri-level home, the bottom floor bathroom doesn't have an air vent in it. How do I go about putting a air vent in there?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2012, 11:07 AM
    Run a 4 in round duct through in the ceiling, between the joists to the exterior wall. With standard construction, you should be able cut the opening for the ceiling fan and opening in the exterior wall and snake the duct through.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Codes now require all bath vents to go outside. You will need to access ceiling space, cut through the outside wall and install a solid or flex duct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom vent for basement [ 3 Answers ]

Can i vent my exhaust fan the basement bathroom to the sewer vent stack or is it safer to dump in the garage?

Want to install upstairs bathroom with new vent othervent is to far away [ 2 Answers ]

My stack or vent pipe is at corner of down stairs bath. I want to install bath up-stairs at center of house.I would run drain down through old chimney access & 14 ft. to exesting drain in basement. The pipe I run down will that go up through roof as vent, also will tie in sink to vent. Hope you...

Install second floor bathroom drain and vent [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, I am taking on the challenge of installing a toilet and sink on the second level of my house and wanted to confirm the best options for sewage lines. It's an older house and I'll be causing quite a bit of damage to existing walls/floors so want the best solution before I go ahead with...

How do I install a vent on basement slop sink? [ 11 Answers ]

I have to replace a very old slop sink in basement. It has 1 1/2" Galv pipe for drain, but it isn't vented. I am changing because my washer drains to it and has over flowed a few times,but always flows poorly. There is no clop in line,as I have snaked,but didn't help. I will be using solid PVC. If...

View more questions Search