Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcheerleader13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 07:54 PM
    Two wood crates rest on top of one another and are pulled by a rope.
    Two wooden crates rest on top of one another. The smaller top crate has a mass of m1 = 20 kg and the larger bottom crate has a mass of m2 = 86 kg. There is NO friction between the crate and the floor, but the coefficient of kinetic friction between the two crates is μk = 0.68. A massless rope is attached to the lower crate to pull it horizontally to the right (which should be considered the positive direction for this problem).
    1)The rope is pulled with a tension T = 371 N (which is small enough that the top crate will not slide). What is the acceleration of the top crate?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 08:13 PM
    So you are saying you actually have a mass of 106 kg riding on a frictionless surface, right so far? "to the right (which should be considered the positive direction for this problem)." How/why does this matter? A mass riding on a frictionless level surface will travel only in the direction of the force. Can you explain further? Is this a actual question, word for word, from a text or worksheet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If an 11 lb ball being pulled away from a pole at 30 what is the tension on the rope [ 1 Answers ]

11 * 2.2 = 24.2 t = w ma = m(g a) fn mgcos(30) or w (24.2)(9.7) = 237 fn = mgcos(30)

A load is pulled along horizontal ground for a distance of 76m. Using a rope. [ 1 Answers ]

The rope is inclined at 5 degrees above the horizontal and the tension in the rope is 65N. A) Find the work done by the tension.

I have a Weedeater Featherlite blower. The top handle has pulled loose. Fix? [ 1 Answers ]

It appeared to be a glued connection. I reglued it with garilla glue. This lasted for about three uses, and it broke loose again. Is there a permanent fix for this poor design ?

Pain on top of penis skin when pulled back [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 21 years old right now and not circumcise. Whenever I erect the skin comes down from the helmet and whenever its pulled back it feels like there is a rash on my penis. It feels very uncomfortable during intercourse and has been happening for 11 months and is not recovering. I'm too embarrassed...

Orange/red/green on Top-Dark Brown on the rest [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Last week I dyed my hair a darker shade of Brown. I hated the first color, so I went darker. I have really long hair and the top of my head is basically orange and the rest of my hair is dark brown. How do I make it all one shade of brown and get rid of the orange/red/green? HELP!:(

View more questions Search