Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justbloomn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Why does my hot water heater only heat when the furnace runs?
    We have an oil fueled hot water boiler system that also fuels our water heater. The hot water from the faucets is now cold and only heats up if the furnace calls for heat. Why would this be?

Check out some similar questions!

Water in hot water heater won't heat. Cold water inlet won't turn off. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gas water heater built in 2007. The cold water supply won't turn off. Flushed the unit, burner and pilot fine. Called company (AO Smith) and they said I have a leak somewhere. However, the water meter is not turning. My question is where is the water from the tank going? I do not see...

Gas Water Heater Hot Water Runs Out Too Quickly [ 15 Answers ]

Hey you! My husband is off this weekend and ready to work on stuff! Yayyy! Please help me help him! So we have a gas water heater. It's about 10 years old. The temp works just fine. I can put it on the highest temp and the water will burn the you know what out of you. Problem is, that it...

Censible hot water heater is turned all the way up but runs out of hot water. [ 1 Answers ]

A 20 year old Censible 50 Gal 510E hot water heater runs out of hot water after 1/2 showers. Temp control is turned to maximum. No leaks observed. Additionally, it appears to take a bit of time before hot water materializes at all faucets. Replacement contemplated but does it appear this is...

New water heater runs out of hot water [ 21 Answers ]

I have a large master bath that has a large Jacuzzi tub and a large walk in shower all with 3/4 inlet supply copper. I have installed 2 new 50 gallon gas heaters with the highest BTU possible in parallel in the attic directly above the bathroom. The old heaters seemed to supply enough hot water to...

Gas Hot Water Heater runs out of water [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Gas Hot Water Heater in my house 50 gallon I believe. It runs out of water after about 5 minutes and the water does not seem as hot as it should be (It's turned to 3 on a max scale of 4 on the heater). The pilot light is on. Can you tell me what might cause the hot water to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.