Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JFetters765 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Brown discharge when period should have been
    I was on the birth control pill for about 2 1/2 years, but my doctor's office was late calling it in, so last month I was not on it. Had sex using pull out method. Thought my period came last Sunday, but have only had a brown discharge with very tiny clots occasionally, lasting a week and a day now. I did start taking the pill again last Sunday when I first spotted blood, but my period has been so light, what could this be?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 02:39 PM
    It could just be that your body is a little off schedule from missing a month of the pill. Not uncommon at all. However, the pull out method should NEVER be used as a form of because, and it is not at all reliable. So you very well could be pregnant. I would take a pregnancy test, just to be sure that you aren't preggy(esp if you are taking the pill again) having a chat about it with your ob/gyn couldn't hurt either. Good luck!

Feb 19, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate it. I will get a hpt tomorrow, thanks again
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 03:10 PM
    No prob hun. Let us know what you find out. Good luck!

Feb 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JFetters765
    I was on the birth control pill for about 2 1/2 years, but my doctor's office was late calling it in, so last month I was not on it. Had sex using pull out method. Thought my period came last Sunday, but have only had a brown discharge with very tiny clots ocassionally, lasting a week and a day now. I did start taking the pill again last Sunday when I first spotted blood, but my period has been so light, what could this be?
    Took hpt today, negative, starting to finally bleed, must have just been real slow to start because of the pill. Thanks again.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 07:02 AM
    OK, well at least you know for sure now. The birth control pills tend to set your cycle off a bit if you miss some, or a whole month. Good luck in your future endeavours

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge before period! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! This is my first time on this site... but here is my question!. I'm 20 years old and sexually active. I usually have sex at least once a day, give or take a few, with my boyfriend. He was a virgin before me (that is certain). I am on birth control pills and I also usually use condoms just...

Why brown discharge before period? [ 6 Answers ]

It's a couple of days before my period and I'm getting a brownish discharge when I wipe and don't know why? I just switched to a new type of pill, but prior have been on ortho for about 3 years now.. Could I be pregnant??

Brown discharge and no period? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I was hoping someone could help me. It's about my period, or should I say my non-existent period. My last period was in May about 7 weeks ago (from the last day) and I'm about 3 weeks late. I've been late before, but this time it's different. A few days ago I thought I had gotten...

Brown Discharge before period.. [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 3 months, at the beginning of every period I have about a day of only brown discharge. It doesn't have a funny odour, and like I said it only lasts a day... if that. I noticed that it started doing that after I had a yeast infection which I treated with monistat.. which was just...

View more questions Search