Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Help2158 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
    Boyfriend seems aloof and disconnected, but he says he loves me.
    My boyfriend seems so aloof and disconnected but he says he loves me. When we first met he said he was lazy and would never initiate sex or intimacy without the woman doing so. I didn't believe him and the things we did together and thoughts on life in general seemed so right that I thought I could fix it.

He is not comfortable in taking my hand when we go out but seems to enjoy it if I take his, If I don't initiate it he doesn't.

His laziness also gets to me. I'm an independent woman,am financially secure, fit, healthy and not unattractive however I like my man to at least offer to do some little things for me. e.g.. My lawns need a mow (I have a self propelled lawn mower). His comment was "well, I know what you're doing tomorrow... you'll be mowing the lawns (while he's off to bowls). It doesn't make me feel very loved.

He will come up behind me occasionally and give me a hug while I have my hands in the sink but that's about it. We don't live together( he lives about an hour away). I seldom get a phone call except to organise the next weekends outings but I get a text each night to say good night.

I have spoken to him and told him that I need to feel a connection and that I'm not feeling loved and that I wonder if he feels embarrassed to be seen with me. He says he understands and he certainly doesn't feel embarrassed to be seen with me. He's just like that I guess.

I have asked him to hold my hand when we're out and help me a little in the house when he's over or at least offer. This lasts a week or 2 and then we're back to square one. Am I asking too much from this man. He says he loves me?
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Mar 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
    Well,, laziness is a sickness without a cure,, but it does have medication,, not a permanent solution,, needs constant attention, pestering, reminders etc. it's very tough to handle a lazy guy,, m married to one,,
    After 7 years of asking my hubby to get me flowers occasionally, he gave me flowers on my b'day,, but it took me 7 long years... therez nothing you can do to change them immediately,, you need to remind them constantly about everything...

Mar 23, 2012, 02:26 AM
    Hi Silverlining. Laziness just doesn't push my buttons. I hve said goodbye to this one. He just makes me feel lonely and unloved. Not good for myself esteem. I can be lonely all by myself. Thanks for responding. Its nice to know someone out there underatands.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Excellent action you took for yourself. Just say good bye, and not waste any more time trying to fix or change this fellow.

Mar 23, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Thank you talaniman. Its nice to get someone else's opinion to help me know I made the right decision.

Mar 23, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Excellent action you took for yourself. Just say good bye, and not waste any more time trying to fix or change this fellow.
    Thank you talaniman. Its nice to get someone else's opinion to help me know I made the right decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coworker is best friend one day and aloof and distant the next? [ 4 Answers ]

Basically I'm looking for some professional advice on how to handle a situation with a male coworker of mine. He and I are acquaintances and I have always viewed our relationship as professional and platonic. I'm in a relationship and he's married. Anyhow, some days he's super friendly, wants to...

He's acting aloof, should I worry? [ 4 Answers ]

So there's a guy I've been hanging out with... it's been a bit obvious that we like each other, and we finally spent the night together. Now things are awkward... he used to call me more often... he still does but I feel he is backing off a little... though I think maybe I am being overly...

Does my boyfriend loves me? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, M very confused. I was in a relationship and all of a sudden my boyfriend stopped talking to me. Completely avoided me. He didn't tell me the reason why he backed off. He just told that he needs his space. I was broken. And decided to go out of town. He got the news and called me up to...

Why won't my boyfriend tell me he loves me? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I have dating this guy for about two years. I don't tell him I love him because he does not say it to me. We get along great. I asked him a few times. if he loves me and He get's upset, and say's you can't put a time frame on love. I feel he loves me or I would not stay with him. He...

How to know my boyfriend really loves me [ 6 Answers ]

OK well here I go with my story I think it will be kind off long but I need you guys help so please read everything OK will I like my boyfriend since the first time I saw him I met him in school on September 5 2006 I liked him since then At the beginning of the year they put us together in...

View more questions Search