Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathycant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
    Can auto insurance refuse to pay a claim for a driver that got a DUI for the accident
    The insurance is with Allstate insurance. I was driving home the other night very late and I had been drinking. I hit a parked car. The folks whose car I hit called the police. I got out of the car, gave them my business card & then proceed to walk home. The police then picked me up on the way home. I took a breath test at the police station & blew a 1.06, very high. I've been told that Allstate insurance does not pay claims for accidents when the insured driver receives a DUI. Is this true?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Yes, I'm a liability investigator and I've seen the insurance companies send out refusal letters and refuse to pay the claim. Read your policy over again. I'm sure it's covered.

In many States you cannot get a Drivers License until YOU pay for the damages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was involved in an auto accident with two pssenger, the other driver hit me [ 8 Answers ]

I was involved an auto accident with two passenger, the other driver was at fault, and is now saying I did not have passengers in my car - help

Self Car accident, Pay out of pocket vs. File insurance claim? [ 4 Answers ]

My son hit a tree trying to avoid a dog in the street. Thank goodness he and no one else was hurt. Situation: car and insurance is under my name. Should I file a claim with the insurance company let them handle it or pay out of pocket to repair the car? (1995 acura intergra, btw) Damages look...

Billing a patient if auto insurance did not pay the medical claim in full [ 2 Answers ]

Can a health care provider bill a patient for any balance after the motor vehicle insurance has not paid in full.

Auto accident, one driver uninsured [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was in an auto accident on the freeway, 3 vehicles involved. The 1st vehicle slowed or stopped and the driver of the 2nd vehicle rear ended the 1st vehicle and my daughter rear ended the 2nd vehicle. My question is, The driver of the 2nd vehicle was "unregistered" but did have his...

View more questions Search