Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danika33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 01:18 PM
    How can I get my mother and others to let me make more of my own decisions
    Lately I have been sick since Janruary I try to live my life as a faithfaul Christan yet lately I have given in to some tempations I danced in public twice whcich normally I have gone to this place and never done. I repented of that so then a little time goes by and I met this guy at this place I have been hanging out with little problems where I had fun then go home usually alone. I did have two guys come to my apartment but nothing happened we just talked so this guy comes to my apartment I tell him no sex that I am not inviting him up to my apartment for sex. We talk I talk a lot it is nice he hold me kisses me tells me I am beautifulwe watch movies. We spend a lot of time together now I realize how it looks him stayinga t my apartment and everything so I call a member of the church where I am a member and tell him I am repenting of what and why. I feel like well I was unwise and wrong.
    I think I should not have had him at my apartment I am sorry I do not meke fooling around a habit I regret it . I repented with the church. I decided not to have any more men up to my aprtment alone. He made me feel better about myself which everyone else around here makes me feel bad even when I do right I get treated badly by too many people after awhile this takes its toll. Now where can I go to have fun my mother wants me to stay out of this one place so I do I go to another place she wants me satay out of that one now this is the third place she wants me to stay out of I can not just sit in my apartment and rot away because she does not like it.She is such a snob I need her help with some things but that is how I feel I ma tired of worrying about how she feels about everything. What can I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
    I'm a preacher's kid, so maybe I can help.

Does your church have any activities for young people your age? (May I ask, which church body is it?)

Are you in the US? If so, are you near a public library? There you will find adult programs and discussion groups and book clubs and writing groups.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
    I also wondered which/what Church?

I don't think your mother should control you if you are a responsible adult, capable of making your own (good) decisions. Are you?

If you are meeting men in the places she doesn't approve of and taking them back to your apartment against your religion and then you feel guilty I'd say maybe she has your best interest in mind.

Do you meet people at work or school?

And Wondergirl makes a good suggestion about church clubs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2012, 07:10 PM
    First you don't repent to the "church" you repent to Christ ( God) It is really not other church members business what you did or did not do.

Since in the bible people danced, I have many times been shocked by how many "laws" churches can have that are not from the bible.

If you were not doing anything with a boyfriend, there is nothing wrong in watching TV together so I don't even know what you needed to repent about there.

But if you don't want others to control your life, stop letting them. It sounds like you allow this to happen out of a fear based on a life style choice you have made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother problems and decisions... need help asap [ 0 Answers ]

So, here is the thing. I have been offered to work in a different country because I was offered a job to work with the family in order to save money and pay my expenses that I have here. I will be provided with things and practically live free. Been hard finding a job here and haven't seriously...

Single mother trying to make a career [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single mother, I went to school for a year for medical assisting but ended up not finishing because of dissapoinment with the school and the pay was going to be way less than what my job pays now, I want to do something in health science, but I don't know which way to start or what to do ! I...

View more questions Search