Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar18 View Post
    Well it says that I would need to have four years of college, so actually it wouldn't matter what my parents think about it. I also wouldn't want to be placed where there is high crime rate.
    You wouldn't have a choice, that is the whole point of the peace corp. you have to go where you are sent. Much like being deployed.

You go through basic training and are taught how to deal with all eventualities.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
    A volunteer will be given options, depending on what he has to offer host countries.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Ever notice that the "volunteers" are the ones working for nothing that are in all the godforsaken hell holes... and all the higher ups that stay here in cushy offices get paid big bucks? Yes I go by that office in Washington, DC every day when people in expensive suits and ties are outside smoking cancer sticks... with their Starbucks coffee.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Mar 14, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    And what skills did the bee keepers have that assisted them in the Peace Corp?
    Bee Keeping, simply that. There are a number of "positions" in the Peace Corps that are not remotely health-care related. Tunisia in my day also had a large number of volunteers whose expertise was construction.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 14, 2012, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingale View Post
    Bee Keeping, simply that. There are a number of "positions" in the Peace Corps that are not remotely health-care related. Tunisia in my day also had a large number of volunteers whose expertise was construction.
    Yes, of course I can see where these attributes would fit in. And especially the construction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

This corps towed away my car by driving it. [ 9 Answers ]

I have this unregister car that I just bought at the auction with export license, just trying to fix something in it and the mechanic parked the car in front of their shop in NY ( I mean on the street) this corps driving by and said he's going to tow the car away because its not register and they...

Veterinary Corps in the Army? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my name is alannah I'm 17 and I'm interested in joining the Army for the Veterinary Corps. I'm currently in high school as a senior but I also take a vet tech science class at a tech program which I have been in for two years now. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who is...

Peace Corps [ 3 Answers ]

I've thought a lot about the Peace Corps as my "after high school plan" instead of going to college (well not completely I want to go after I come back) but it seems like everyone in my area is shoving the idea down all my peers' throats that they have to go to college after high school. I've...

View more questions Search