Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaylem23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
    My boyfriend will be sitting with his xwife at his daughters wedding.
    His daugter has asked me to sit with her Mom's boyfriend who I have never met. He won't have other family members there. Am I out of line is I say I prefer to be with my kids and family and suggest the boyfriend sits with the mom's family?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
    I don't think that's out of line at all. The boyfriend isn't a part of your family, he's a part of her mothers family. It makes sense for him to sit with them, not you.
    Rachelrang Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
    I think your boyfriends daughter just wants to see her parents side by side on her wedding day. I know that's what I would want and yeah my parents are devorced
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2012, 10:19 AM
    I think it's the daughter's wedding and if this makes her happy (perhaps she's concerned that her mother's boyfriend will be alone) I'd do it.

At your wedding you pretty much get to do whatever you want. That is not the case when it's someone else's wedding.

I don't think who sits where during the ceremony is a big deal.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Mar 22, 2012, 12:19 PM
    While I see it being awkward, I agree that the daughter probably wants to see her parents sit together for her big day. There isn't much time to socialize during a ceremony anyway, so I would stay quite for the sake of keeping the peace with your step-daughter and honoring her wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend keeps sitting on me? [ 2 Answers ]

What happens is when I lie on the couch and watch a movie, which I do quite often, he sits on me. I sort of like it, but I'm not sure what to do. This is in the house I rent with my boyfriend and he does it quite often. He doesn't weigh a lot, just right. What should I do?

I can not afford to attend my daughters wedding. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter is planning a destination wedding which I can not afford to attend. I told her before anything was booked, invitations printed, etc. but she is going through with these plans anyway. They just want a small wedding. Maybe 50 people. I have offered to give them all the money I can...

Should I bring MY fianc? To my Daughters wedding? [ 8 Answers ]

My oldest Daughter is getting married. Her dad and I are divorced. The divorce happened when she was an adult. As the oldest. She is the trailblazer with regard to "family functions" such as College Graduation, weddings etc. and will probably be the first with Grandchildren etc. We have spoken...

Daughters in wedding party when dad remarries? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm new here, so hello everybody! I posted something similar to what I want to put here in the etiquette section, but I didn't seem to be getting any answers over there. As long as I'm not breaking any rules, I was hoping I could ask all of you and the wedding experts for your advice. Maybe I'll...

Father remarries - daughters not in the wedding party? [ 1 Answers ]

Within a year of my parents' divorce (after 37 years of marriage), my father got remarried. My younger sister, who can be very difficult to get along with, was staying in the family home with my father and (then) fiancé, and she wound up arguing regularly with our step-mother-to-be. I live in...

View more questions Search