Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lollipop101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Falling For Best Friend.
    Hey I'm 17 and I'm a girl. There's these two guys I've known for 2 and a half years. I was best friends with one of them. We could sit there for hours talking about anything, and we'd never get bored, He's the type of guy you could tell anything to, and he'd listen. Not only that, but you could tell from a mile away that there was and still is something between us. We were such good friends, he helped me through one of the hardest things in my life, and I know he cares.

We were best friends for 2 years then he got a girlfriend, and I got a boyfriend, which was his best friend, who liked me, and liked him, but I didn't love him, and we didn't share the same things like chemistry, but we got together anyway. After 3 months he split from he's girlfriend, we weren't as close anymore because the boy I was with knew that me, and his best friend were close, and he could see the chemistry between us. So we weren't allowed to talk.

I stayed with this boy for 1 year, and the other boy got himself a new girlfriend 5month before me, and he's best mate split. So basically I was in a relationship for 1 year with his best mate. And he was in a relationship for five months and he still is in a relationship.

But the point is, that even when I was in a relationship and he was too, when we used to see each over, and look at each other, it's like them feelings we've always had never goes away. When I was with he's friend, it made me see all the things I loved about the other boy, like the way he listened when I spoke, and the way he looked at me, and treated me and the way he was so kind to me, not only that, there's something else. I don't know what it is but its something so strong that draws me to him.

I'm probably being silly, but I think me, and him have been dating the wrong people. The worst thing is that his friend makes life difficult. I don't know what to do. Should I message him, telling him how I feel ? Do I move on, and leave it in the past. Or wait for him to split from he's girlfriend.

I know I shouldn't get involved with their relationship, but I believe he feels exactly the same, especially when we catch eye contact!

Someone please give me advice? Help pleaaaasssseeeeee! Thanks,xx
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Mar 11, 2012, 07:49 AM
    Lollipop 101,

First, let me welcome you to this wonderful, great and beautiful site.

I think the best way is to talk to him, just ask him if he still feels (that way) for you, by meeting him in person. Does his heart beat for you?
    armydan69 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Tell him how you feel, do.it person to person, doing it in a message would seem a bit immature and he probably wouldn't take you as serious. If he feels the same it will work out. If not you do your best to move on

Mar 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
    Thank you so much for your replies, but the thing is its been so long it's been a year since we actually sat and had a conversation. But when we saw each other a caught eye contact it was like we were thinking the same thing.
    He's been with this girl for about 5months and now me and he's best friend ain't together. When I was with he's best friend I really missed the other boy I knew how I felt but I also knew what the boy who I was with was like.
    Maybe there's too much water under the bridge, but why even after a year do I still think about him and when we in the same company you can tell there's an attraction between us.
    This might sound silly but because we ain't sat down and spoke in a while, I'm a bit scared? :\
    I don't know if he's heart beats for me? Maybe.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
    You really don't know what's in his heart, but you do know he has some one, so respect that and stay out of his relationship, and never get between him, and her, NEVER! The last thing you should do is bring deceit, cheating, or anything negative to this so far good attraction, even though its not as close as you would like.

And don't just sit and wait for a break up as as friends you have something good but you should have your own fun without him, as you never know what the future holds, but for NOW, let go of the idea of romance with him because he is unavailable to you.

Say nothing that will make things awkward, and keep doing the right thing for you both. Sorry, I wish you well, and hope you do find that happiness.

Mar 11, 2012, 04:21 PM
    The thing is there's so much more to this story, but there's only so much I can tell. Obviously. But thank you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
    I, and others can only advise on what you write.

Mar 12, 2012, 02:39 AM
    Of course I understand that, thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I'm falling for my friend! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, there's this guy I met through my best friend. Me and him really hit it off we can talk about the weirdest things, we've have a lot of common interests and everything. He's met my mom and brother while we were watching a movie together.. I keep denying it to my friends, they keep asking...

I'm falling for my best friend [ 5 Answers ]

This is a pretty long and complicated story so I'm just going to say the necessary info. Basically, I'm falling for one of my best mates. My ex (who is also a good friend of his) Thinks I fancy this guy (I never told him!) Any ways, he tells the guy I like what he thinks and so the guy I like then...

Falling for best friend [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my best friend spend huge amounts of time together and he can read me like an open book. He works away for 4 days and then he is home for 4 days. When he is back I see him every day, stay over twice and normally have dinner together. He buys 2 of every thing so that I can eat with him. ...

I'm falling for my best friend. [ 2 Answers ]

<font size = 10><font color = blue>umm I have a friend who I'm falling in love with and nobody can help me I went to my sisters and anybody else I had even his bestfriends and they said they don't know but I am so concussed:confused: because his friends say he likes me,and my sisters but I don't...

Falling for your best friend [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, What should you do when you think you are falling for your best friend? I have known this friend 2 years ago when we first started uni. We click very well, and used to chat on the phone for hours long. Rumours started going on about us. BUT there was nothing going on between both of us. Just...

View more questions Search