Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelrainey88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Www.if our mother was married to our step father at time of death and he passes away
    My mother married my step father and he passed away but there our no names on the policey are we legaley entiteld to the insurance money
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 10, 2012, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelrainey88 View Post
    My mother married my step father and he passed away but there our no names on the policey are we legaley entiteld to the insurence money
    Why is is that there was no beneficiary named on the policy? That seems very unusual. If no beneficiaries qualify under the policy, the proceeds would go to to his estate. In that case, your mother probably would inherit the money.

As step-children, you are not entitled to any share of his estate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights of step-father vs biological father upon mothers death. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any way in which I can assure that my 7 year old son will remain with my husband if something were to happen to me? Biological father is in military and has paid child support as ordered, he has not made any effort in the last 3 years to contact our son and before...

Father and step mother die without will who gets the estate [ 2 Answers ]

Father died in 1993, no will. Step mother died in May 2010. Who is entitled to the house that is still in fathers name and step mother moved out of 5 yrs before she died

My mother has alzheimers and she lives with my step father, can I take my mother away [ 2 Answers ]

My mother has Alzheimers and lives with my Step Father, He is 87 and growing frailer by the day, He can no longer take care of Her. He refuses to go into assisted living or to let Her go. Do I have the right to go in and force the issue for both of them or just take my Mother?

My mother is on drugs and my step father is in jail [ 2 Answers ]

:mad:My mother is on drugs and my step father is in jail. My mother just got of the hospital for having a bad trip on PCP,Cocaine, and Marijuana. Now she has informed me that she wants to come get my little brother who I have had in my custody for a year and half. She has had drug problems and...

View more questions Search