Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daintybrat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 11:13 AM
    I just want to be his Angel
    I having been dating this guy almost 2 years now and we have been having what we both call "a roller coaster" ride of a relationship the past year or so. We are now not talking to one another.
    We were friends for a year so because we met at school and then we eventually started to date and then got really close and then he moved close to me because he originally lives 1 1/2 away from me. He was finishing up school and moved back and in between those times I was hurting do to finding out things about my father, I have had hormone/fibroid tumor problems and problems with school and credits transferring and then I gained weight from my medical problems.
    It was like the minute I started to date this wonderful guy everything started to happen one by one and I had to learn how to cope, deal with major stress and feelings I never experienced before. I feel like I put it on him but I didn't mean to because I love him tooo very much.
    Well I found out I have cancer amonth or so and I didn't say anything because even the doctor said to wait until we know how bad it is and what needs to be done. I don't want to be known as having baggage and I did go to talk to a few psychiatrists and they have acknowledge as me being normal and that I am just experiencing some confusion and hurt after all of what has happened in the past 2 years.
    We have been fighting a lot lately and I still want to be his Angel and stop fighting without losing him.
    This is his first year teaching and he has been busy, he is workaholic and the time we don't see each other doesn't bother me it was just that he didn't call in a pattern and I felt like a lot of things that have been the problems is because we don't have a pattern in our relationship and I miss my best friend so much I just want him back.
    I am not trying to blame myself but I feel like he has been different and not wanting to treat me like he used to because of my hormones and me getting upset over things because of everything I have been going through.
    I tried to break up with him a few times but he wouldn't let me, he wanted to work it out and we tried. Well here we are and he wants a break and time to think because a week or so ago I tried to end things because I didn't want him to see him upset or hurt over the cancer after everything we have gone through and I felt he only sees me as the one going through a lot but I know there is much more to me than that and I am still his Angel, I am still the one he loved and wanted and I hate it that I am having my surgery in 2 weeks to remove the cancer, having plastic surgery to make me look even better over where the cancer will be removed and we are not even talking. He asked me if he could call me last week but I told hiim I wanted to give him time to think... what should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
    You do have a lot going on and this poor guy has to walk on eggshells to be around you, and you push him away whenever your having a crisis. Not my idea of an angel dear. He needs time to think? Come on dainty, work on those communication skills, and stop being so noble, and let him in your life.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daintybrat
    I tried to end things because I didn't want him to see him upset or hurt over the cancer after everything we have gone through and I felt he only sees me as the one going through alot but I know there is much more to me than that and I am still his Angel...
    You didn't want him to be hurt and upset over YOUR cancer!? How is he going to be upset over YOUR cancer? You think ending things with him will make him feel GOOD? The only way he could be upset over YOUR cancer is if he is a superficial loser and the operation will affect your precious beauty.

Perhaps instead, it is YOU that is feeling insecure about your appearance after the operation because YOU BELIEVE he won't see you as his "Angel".

Ditto on the communication recommendation. This is more about YOU being honest with yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fallen Angel song? What is the correct title and artist? [ 5 Answers ]

Looking up the "Interview with the Vampire" soundtrack on LimeWire, the song "Fallen Angel" pops up. It is approximatly 1:50, and it is only half of the song. :confused: I can't seem to find the correct song title or artist and it is really annoying me. I've tried everything I have thought of...

Angel ? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there really exist out there? If they are, who they willing to help? I'm being good person since I was a kid until now I still do. But why my life is so desperate, always be blaming for the things I never did. I helping others, but the angel doesn't help me when I need. So is angel do really...

Angel wing? [ 3 Answers ]

Go to http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ and look at the picture sent in of the wrecked car and what the person in the wreck says is an angel wing. What do you think?:confused:

I Can See an Angel [ 2 Answers ]

I have the song, "I Can See an Angel" by Patsy Cline, Jerry Wallace, and Hank Locklin. However, another country artist had the song out in the early to mid 1950's and I can't remember who it was. Please research this for me. Russ1938

View more questions Search