Ask
    jam34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Can step father file for child support
    Can step father file for child support
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
    No. He has no legal connection to the child.

Why doesn't the mother file?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
    The step father has no legal custody and no right ( standing ) to file for support. The parent who has custody will have to file. The step father can help the mother to file. But she has to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a step parent file for child support in DE? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a step-parent to a 14 yr old boy in the state of DE. I also have two children of my own with my husband. I have been supporting my family for 2.5 years by myself. My husband is not working and my step sons mom has not offered to support her son since he has been living with me. Can I...

Step Father and child support [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in a situation that is similar. I'm the step father of three children and both of their fathers are not paying child support. My wife goes to school and work but she makes less than 1500 a month. I'm basically is responsible for all the expense of the 3 kids. (Medical, glasses, school,...

Step father & Child Support [ 35 Answers ]

My fiancée was ordered to pay child support (and put the child on his insurance) for a child that is not biologically his. I have done my research for family law in NYC and have found no law forcing a step parent to pay for a child that is not biologically theirs. My fiancée married the ex when...

Step-Father Signed both Prenup and Postnup Agreements to Support Step-Child [ 6 Answers ]

My husband signed both a prenuptial and a post-nuptial agreement to educate, maintain and support my children, his step-children. My husband sued me and my children (his step-children) over the agreements several years back but changed his mind and signed a release of all claims, an agreed...

Does a step father pay child support. [ 13 Answers ]

My wife wants to end our marriage and has a 13 year old daughter living with us of whome I have had no relationship and or allowed to have a say in her journey to adulthood. My wife gets child support from the real father, so do I still pay child support after our marriage is over.

View more questions Search