Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strcure1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 08:35 PM
    Physics Gravitation help..
    hello People

I need some help with my physics revision sheet. I can't seem to get my head round it. If anyone could help by telling me how to work it out to get the right answer I would be grateful...

answers would also be appreciated.

OK here is the question:

mass of the earth = 5.97 * 10^24 kg
    Polar Radius of Earth = 6.36 * 10^6 m

1) calculate the net force on a 1.08 * 10^3 Kg Satellite when it is in a polar orbit 2.02 * 10^7 m above the earths orbit...

2)show that the only stable orbit for the satellite orbiting at an altitude of 2.02 * 10^7 m has a period of appoximatly 12 hours.

3) for any object orbting around a primary body R^3 ∝ T^2
    where R is the radius of the orbit and T is the time for the orbit.

show that thi is true and in doing so:
    - state the conditions required for a stable orbit
    - show that the conditions do not depend on the mass of the orbiting object.

4) discuss the particular requirements for an orbit that will keep the a satellite vertically above a certain point on earths surface.

Check out some similar questions!

Solving sums of physics gravitation? [ 4 Answers ]

If the mass of the planet is 5*10^20kg and a body of mass 20 kg is on the planet then what is the value of gravitational force if the radius of the planet is 3.34*10^4m. Find the weight of the body on the planet.

Physics gravitation sums [ 2 Answers ]

What is the weight of the body on the surface of the moon, if on planet a it weighs 96n where ga=4.8m/s^2

Gravitation and it's . [ 4 Answers ]

Suppose Earth had no atmosphere and a ball were fired from the surface in a direction tangent to the ground. If the initial speed were high enough to cause the ball to travel in a circular trajectory around the earth, the balls acceleration would be ? Can you please describe the ans... I would...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.