Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taymesha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 06:48 PM
    11 year old jobs for girls?
    Is it okay for 11 year olds to work
    jones0924 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Mar 9, 2012, 06:50 PM
    No, the only work 11 yr old girls should be doing is their own school work and chores around the house.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Its OK so long as your parents are fully involved in what your doing. There is not a lot available but there is some that you could be doing under the right circumstances. Have you discussed this with your parents yet ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 07:16 PM
    It really depends. You're too young to be hired by any company. There are labor laws.

But, if your parents agree, you can babysit, you can walk dogs, you can shovel snow, you can mow lawns, you can get a paper route.

It's great that you want to earn money, and I fully support that, but do keep in mind that your main responsibility right now is to do well in school. You see, school is a stepping stone. Do well in school, go to college, and then you can get a job that's a lot better than a paper route. If your job has a negative effect on your school work, then you're really shooting yourself in the foot.

Good luck, and don't worry, you'll be allowed to work very soon, and you'll be working for a very long time after that. In fact, you have the rest of your life to work.
    xxxshazziexxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 11:49 AM
    I was looking for one too. It is legal to sign up for modeling and acting jobs. MY brother worked at a post office, but I think that he was about 14 when he did. My mum says that most of the modeling jobs are scams, but does anyone know any good ones?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxshazziexxx View Post
    I was looking for one too. It is legal to sign up for modeling and acting jobs. MY brother worked at a post office, but i think that he was about 14 when he did. My mum says that most of the modeling jobs are scams, but does anyone know any good ones?
    First off you can not sign into a legal contract at 14. Your parent or guardian appointed by your parents such as an agent are the only ones that could sign for you. Yes many are scams. You would need to research over and over to find out which are the truly good ones. You can't rely on any one website as they could be make believe.

Make sure your parents are aware of what your wanting to do.
    DAILYLOVE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 04:40 PM
    How old should u be
    Pets Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DAILYLOVE View Post
    How old should u be
    It really depends on the company, and where you live. Where I live McDonalds hires at 13.Of course you won't be cooking, or working the register, you'll be cleaning the tables, sweeping the floors, taking out the garbage, stuff like that.

Most retail companies won't hire anyone under the age of 16, and some places won't even hire that young, you have to be 18.

You really have to ask around, but I do know that other than babysitting, mowing lawns for your neighbors, shoveling snow, walking dogs, a paper route, there are no actual jobs, in an actual place of business, that will hire anyone at the age of 11. The youngest is 13 in my area and that's only at McDonalds.
    gigi21108 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
    You can mow lawn- walk dogs -pet sit- wash cars-paper route-baby sit
    Pets Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi21108 View Post
    you can mow lawn- walk dogs -pet sit- wash cars-paper route-baby sit
    Which I already suggested. But you did miss one part that is very important. She has to have her parents permission before she does any of these things.
    Hippichik Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 10:12 PM
    Ugh I know how you feel I have been trying so hard but nobody takes me seriously! :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jobs for 15 year old girls [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 an want to get a job because I need some exera money for saving to get a car but I can't seem to find one can anyone help

Babysitting jobs for 12 year old girls? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 12 year old girl who needs a babysitting job I am good with newborns to 7 months and children 5 and older. PLEASE HELP!

Jobs for 11 year old girls that pay [ 18 Answers ]

Does anyone know where an eleven year old girl can get a job that pays?my dad won't let me do baby sitting though

View more questions Search