Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MommyRH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
    8 month old, high fever, and won't eat!
    My 8 month old daughter has had a high fever for 2 days. I can keep it around 99.5 with tylenol. She won't eat or drink. She won't move or smile. I have tried giving her fluids and she won't drink. I am concerned. Should I take her in?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 05:52 PM
    I would definitely take her in. The fact that she's not drinking is a huge concern. Infants become dehydrated very quickly, and it can be deadly.

The fever isn't that high, so that's not a huge red flag, but the lethargy and refusal to drink, that's a good enough reason to take her in.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck.
    MommyRH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 10:16 PM
    I did take her in and I am glad I did! She has an infection and was dehydrated and needed to be on an I've for fluids. Thank you so much!
    Pequen Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 06:18 AM
    I hope by now you've taken your kid to the doctor. If she is lethargic then there is something seriously wrong with her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog will not eat, drink or play! No fever! [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my dog would not eat or drink anything. I kept her in bed with me all night, and this morning she started to play for a little while. She slept all day, she wouldn't eat or drink again today. Just a few minutes ago, she hopped off the couch and threw up some clear stuff, then she threw up...

My puppy has a fever won't eat and is sleeping what do I do [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy has afever won't eat and is sleeping what do I do

What should I eat with an upset stomach and slight fever? [ 1 Answers ]

My fever went as high as 101.4 but never went over 101.4 thought. I have an upset stomach as well.

My puppy does not have a fever but still won't eat or drink [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy "neeka" is a black lab/queensland healer mix,and she is six months old.3 days ago she vomited 3 times and quit,then she wouldn't eat or drink,the following day she seemed fine,she ate and drank some,played a little then went to bed,the next morning she vomited all over my bed and stopped...

High fever [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 year old daughter has a high fever... I gave her tylenol but it doesent seem to work... what else could I do?

View more questions Search