Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Taking Today to be Thankful.
    I have often been told that I overthink things, and I guess at times I do.
    Even if no one sees this it helps me to put things in writing to gain a better perspective.
    I am going into day 20 of fracturing a bone in my hand and having it immobilized most of the time.
    I have found that there are many things I take for granted.
    I'm having real difficulty with,
    Fixing breakfast, eating it, and then cleaning up my mess.
    Taking the dogs out for their bathroom breaks.
    Picking up my grandson without hesitation.
    Tying my shoes, hooking my bra.
    Writing, typing.
    Weedeating the grass that has grown up from the birdseed that I toss out.
    Opening a simple bottle.
    Slicing anything up in the kitchen.
    My job.

These are just a few things but, has it ever made me appreciate the things that I can normally do on a daily basis. And realize just how fortunate I am.
    But depending on how you look at things,
    I can fix breakfast, eat it and my daughter cleans up my mess.
    The dogs go out in two trips, more exercise for me.
    I can kiss my grandson endlessly.
    Leaving my shoes tied and simply slipping my feet in is pretty easy.
    Sports bras are comforatable.
    Writing and typing are still tricky.
    I enjoy the birds flitting around in the tall grass while hunting for seeds.
    My son opens my bottles and jars, he likes to feel needed.
    Finding alternate ways to prepare meals is fun.
    And my co-workers are great at making allowances and doing the things I simply cannot.

I know, I am a silly, emotional female, but I'd like to take a moment to simply be thankful for small things.
    I think life is so rushed and hectic that people sometimes forget how fortunate they are to have good health and good people around them.
    Much like I have many times in the past, but not in the future.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Its too bad they can't sell the smell of roses by the dozen. But taking the time to smell the roses and reflect is always a good thing. It puts life into perspective. It grounds you to what life is really about. Congratulations on taking the time to smell the roses of your life and sharing with others. It gives hope to the world.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 07:12 PM
    I don't think you're silly at all.

It's funny how it takes a major change for us to appreciate the day to day. I highly recommend it for everyone, not that I'm hoping that anyone else fractures their wrist, but sometimes it's a much needed episode in our lives to make us appreciate what we have.

Griping about all the things we want, and don't have, is common place. We all do it. I'm guilty of it too. But there are so many things to be thankful for, and taking the time to list the things that make us happy and thankful, that's never ever silly.

I have many health issues going on. I won't put you to sleep with the details, but needless to say, these issues have changed my life, and not for the better. But... but! I have two wonderful children, I have a wonderful husband, I have family and friends that I love, and spring is coming! In fact, it was absolutely balmy today, and that's saying a lot considering that I'm in Canada and it just snowed a few days ago. ;)

So I'll join you and be thankful. I hope it's not just for today. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Things To Be Thankful For. [ 2 Answers ]

Here's a list of little things to be thakful for... The mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends. The taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed. The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat. My shadow who...

Translate Leelannee Thankful into Tibetan [ 1 Answers ]

I have always wanted my daughter's name "Leelannee Thankful" to be my one and only tattoo. It would be most special translated into Tibetan, but I am doubtful this can be done. The other language that would be special to me, would be sanskrit. I have been searching for these translations for at...

Thankful for what we have [ 9 Answers ]

I guess we all at times look at what others have, or see the ads on TV this time of year, so it often takes a wake up call. As most know I recently got married and in doing we went today to move all of Toni's things into our home ( did not say my house any more) Well of course she had two...

Thankful to Dennis and stonewilder [ 1 Answers ]

Wish you best luck in your life!

What are you thankful for? [ 9 Answers ]

I just want to know something (or many things) you are thankful for.:rolleyes: I truly am thankful that in my family, we have our health. I am thankful that my good days out number my bad. I am thankful (believe it or not) to have found this website when I did. Anyone?;)

View more questions Search