Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yesamen58 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Should direct costs related to hotel improvements be capitalized
    I am wondering... I worked for a hotel that decided to purchase new furniture for the property. I was required to hire outside labor to turn a 50 room property over in 2 days( old furniture removal and new furniture installation). The project also required tool purchases and rentals to accommodate the installation... plus numerous other direct costs. The next month they did the same removal and installation of the Flat Screens and started the required ADA renovation which involved renovation of several areas. They expensed out these cost againist my NOI... but I believe these costs should have been capitalize. The costs incurred drastically effected my NOI bonus and I need to know if they are within there rights to do this to keep from paying a NOI performance bonus!

Check out some similar questions!

What is the journal entry to record development costs which are to be capitalized? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the journal entry to record development costs which are to be capitalized?

Is segment profit only from direct costs or direct costs and indirect costs? [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to understand this problem and I am not sure if got it or not. Operating Statement for ST10: Batches prodcued & sold: 200 sales rev. $32,000 Direct costs: Direct materials = (1,800) Direct labor = ((4,200) Variable manufacturing overhead=(2,000)

What is the journal entry to record development costs which are to be capitalized? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the journal entry to record development costs which are to be capitalized?

Capitalized Costs [ 1 Answers ]

When calculating the capitalized cost of a machine, is sales tax paid for the machine included?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.