Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Finding the outcome of a case
    A while back there was a man charged with attempted murder on his 2 months old son, the charges were later dropped and he was being charged with aggravated assult. I notice that this man is out free, I have searched in the news papers to see what happened, but I can't find anything.

This man was never convicted of any of the charges, and was allowed to see his son after the trial. If this man was not found guilty why is there no publication of this? It was all over the news and media when he was being charged, his house was burned down, he was beat and abused while in jail, but there was no proof that he had abused his child, in fact it was prooven that no abuse had ever taken place, yet the papers calim the baby was taken into hospital with severe bran injuries and broken ribs, every month that the story was posted the injuries became less and less, but there was no media when he was found not guilty. After many hours on Google I can not find anything about him being found not guilty.

In Canada, is this information public? Why would the charges and accusations be public but when he was found not guilty there is NO media at all?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 10:04 AM
    In Canada there was probably a publication ban put on because of the age of the child.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 10:14 AM
    Why only the verdict not the charges? The baby's name and age is in the papers too. I can find out only the middle part of the story! So frustrating.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
    The guy claims to have taken the babe to the hospital because he wouldn't eat and he thought he was sick. Then all of a suddent he cops came and arrested him and told him he was being charged with attempted murder. CFS came and took the baby and there was a"press release" that the baby was taken to the IWK with broken ribs and severe brain injuries.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Could be that the age of the child is causing the info to be blacked out. Also I have found that media uses what sells papers - an arrest, particularly where child abuse is involved, is big news. A dismissal or something other than a sentence doesn't sell papers.

But it sounds like somehow, somewhere the public is locked out of the info.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 11:57 AM
    This makes me so mad.This has ruined his life, and he has no friends or family left because of this. Of course only he will know the truth, but I feel in my heart of hearts he was innocent.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Unfortunately some of this falls into the category of what "news" sells and what does not.

I agree - an incorrect charge can ruin your life.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 12:37 PM
    I see the media has no more concern with the facts in Canada than they do here and in Europe.

I guess the reality was not as sensational as the made up charges where... and as was mentioned... they only want to sell papers... not get the facts out. And boring reality loses out to hyped up crap when the decision of what goes in and what gets cut out before press time.
    Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 12:48 PM
    Yes, of course, a publication ban
    Dogs Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
    I feel for anyone wrongly accused. I can't begin to imagine the hell these people live with on a daily basis. Why would they put a publication ban on the outcome if the baby's name was already mentioned?
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I see the media has no more concern with the facts in Canada than they do here and in Europe.

I guess the reality was not as sensational as the made up charges where....and as was mentioned....they only want to sell papers...not get the facts out. And boring reality loses out to hyped up crap when the decision of what goes in and what gets cut out before press time.
    I didn't know you lived in Europe, smoothly!
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I didn't know you lived in Europe, smoothly!
    Used to... in fact the time I have spent there in the 20 years since I moved back to the states... has totaled another 2 years, on top of the six I lived there uninteruped.

I can still move there and work there anytime I want... I've had legal status (work papers and am elligible for citizenship) there for over 2 decades.
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Very odd the way this was handled by the press, very odd, indeed.

A search pulls up the details but not the disposition.

Have to wonder -
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 12:59 PM
    If I was Aurora_Bell, who is obviously very curious about this matter, I would call the news media and ask them point blank: why haven't they published the outcome?
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
    - because it's more fun to ponder the question, for both Aurorabell and me.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Very odd the way this was handled by the press, very odd, indeed.

A search pulls up the details but not the disposition.

Have to wonder -
    Whatcha thinkin'?

I agree, more fun to ponder.
    Expert

Mar 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Whatcha thinkin'?

I agree, more fun to ponder.
    No not wonder; ponder is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son got a felony charge when he was sixteen and now he hole a second felony charge [ 1 Answers ]

With a gun charge. Does charge carry from your youth year in to uour adult life

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square ft to paint a house exterior. [ 1 Answers ]

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square foot to paint the exterior of a home around 2000 square feet?

Negative charge of -3.0 * 10^-6 and a positve charge of 4.0 * 10^-6 are separated by [ 1 Answers ]

I neeed help on my homework and how I am supposed to do it...

Charge off [ 1 Answers ]

If a creditor charges off an account can a collection agency still demand payment if a person is on social security and the only means of income and is sixty nine years old? Can they demand payment if a person is on disability social security? Thank you for your help. Shirley

Charge off [ 5 Answers ]

Lhr inc called today and the lady left a message stating that she had my file on her desk and a case # as well.My original creditor charged the account off so, I guess it was sold to lhr.What should I do at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search