Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Normthehat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2012, 08:37 AM
    External HD
    I switched from PC to Mac. All data transferred successfully and backed up to WD hard drive. I had problems with Mac and returned it. (he ducks to avoid bricks being thrown) Now I am back on the PC but the external drive is not recognised.
    I've done My Computer>computer management>disk management but there is nothing there to show the drive.
    I have connected to both front and back panel USB slots w/o success.
    I've looked at compatibility mode but, of course, without any Mac OS, I cannot check for that.
    Is the lack of recognition due to it being now formatted for Mac? If so how do I de-format without access to a Mac?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 12, 2012, 09:02 PM
    I saw this hope it helps
    Normthehat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 03:06 AM
    Thanks cmeeks. That's a quite a selection. I'll plough (plow) through them to see what may work. Thanks again.

Norman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hardrives [ 7 Answers ]

I bought an external 500gb external usb hardrives, please can someone help me on how to make it partitioned. Thanks a lot

External Financing [ 2 Answers ]

Electric Chair and Table Co. expects sales next year to be $10,000,000. Inventory And accounts receivable will increase by $1,400,000 and accounts payable will Increase by $300,000. The company has a profit margin of 9 percent and pays Out 30 percent of profits in dividends. How much external...

External HD Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have an a 80Gig hardrive that I have put into an external case but when I plug it in it does not show up under my computer. The computer recognises it but does not show up anywhere for me to access the files that are on it. I have tried two different external cases and neither...

External costs [ 1 Answers ]

If a company chooses to outsource production to a cheaper country, what would be the external costs? I believe pollution in the new country would be, but how about the job loss in the initial country?

View more questions Search