Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aw5756 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Feb 19, 2007, 09:24 AM
    19 years old and heart failure
    My cholesterol is so high that my heart has started skipping beats and even taking 3 second breaks in between some beats, coming back and hitting my chest so hard that I feel it vibrate throughout my entire body. My blood is already thin so it's not that. I walk around sometimes feeling like I have a weight on my chest pressing down on my lungs preventing me from being able to breathe normally and I am even starting to feel dizzy from time to time. It's been going on for about 2 months now but it's getting worse, occurring more frequently, even happening numerous times throughout the day. I don't have insurance so when my tax refund comes in, instead of getting a new computer, it looks like I'll be paying to have an EKG run on me. I am just really worried because it's steadily getting worse and I'm afraid that one day, before I get to the hospital, it'll stop beating for too long and I'll have a heart attack. How in the hell does somebody my age have heart problems? It runs in my family but oh my god! Nineteen years old and already stressing over death. I work out to get my blood flowing and pumping but sometimes it beats too fast and then it starts skipping again. I eat healthy and I'm skinny, not ridiculously skinny. I'm not sure what to do but here lately I have been stressing about what I should do and whether today is the day. It makes me paranoid and makes me even start to think that maybe I am thinking too irrationally but these symptoms are getting worse with each passing week and I am very scared. I have always had a hard time in believing that I could actually die and that it would happen to me. It probably wouldn't be such a big issue if my family was able to afford it but my dad took me off his health insurance so now I'm screwed. When I go to somebody else in my family about it, they tell me it's just an anxiety attack but I've had those before and they are nothing like this and its starting to hurt from chest pains. Not to mention, I have nothing going on in my life other than this that is causing me to be so anxious.
    nfacciolo Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2007, 07:51 PM
    If your still among the living... GET TO AN EMERGENCY ROOM... they will do the tests and care for you with or without insurance. It's the law. No person can be turned away. These problems are sometimes easily fixed but left alone do un repairable damabe. GET GOING NOW.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death as a result of heart failure [ 3 Answers ]

My mother recently passed away. Her autopsy indicated that she had aortic stenosis. We also know she had a leaking valve and the pathologist saw this as well. My sister was in the house when she passed away and did not find her until the morning. There was a noise in the house around midnight...

I don't know if my heart can take it [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I don't really have a question I'm just looking for advice on what I should do. I met this man at the Beginning of the year and I instantly was infatuated by him. We were apart of the same group of friends so naturally we would hang out a lot. One day we exchanged phone...

The Heart [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have two questions The first is:Does blood flow to the heart muscle during contraction or relaxation? The second is:What are problems associated with a hole in the heart? Thanks:)

View more questions Search