Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ClearyIUP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Prepaid Insurance
    Hey, just wondering how I find Insurance expense & Prepaid insurance when when
    Jan 1st the balance is $600 and I
    Apr. 30 is $2,400.
    HELP please:(
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 08:29 PM
    On January 1, there is a prepaid insurance amounting to $600 for the month of January.So the journal entry will be
    Jan 1 Prepaid insurance a/c DR 600
    To cash a/c 600
    Similarly for each month through the month of April, prepaid insurance will be debited by $600. And on April 30, one adjustment entry will be passed.that is

Insurance a/c DR 2400 (600*4)
    To prepaid insurance a/c 2400

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Prepaid insurance an asset? [ 8 Answers ]

According the GAAP (the 3 asset criteria), how can I justify that Prepaid insurance is an asset? (i.e. I know that costs are known and that it will provide future benefit for the company, but is this future benefit measurable)?

Prepaid insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem... I am renewing my company's insurance policy and I am paying 25% downpayment of the premium in Sept. and the rest in 10 monthly installments. When I pay down the 25% do I record this is prepaid insurance? Also, the 10 monthly installments should be recorded as insurance...

Amortize prepaid insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question that I can't seem to answer. If I have a prepaid insurance on January 1st which benefits me a full calendar year . How do I amortize for 6months on June 30th and how would I list the journal entry . Any assitance would be more than appreciated

View more questions Search