Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MS.CONFUSION Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2012, 12:23 PM
    Should I take a management position?
    I was offered a management position at my job today and I don't know if I should accept it or not because I am going to school right now for medical billing I have about five months left and I am really excited to get my certification. The management position I am being offered is nice but it will be stressfull and I don't know if I can handle going to school and taking on the responability of management. It's a two dollar raise. What should I do?
    SuperstarHelen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
    You're right being a manager can be stressful but it can also be one of the most rewarding things you can do at work. With management comes more responsibility and a chance to have a say in how things are run. You also get to deal with people which can be challenging but if you get it right can make you feel great. Also a bit more money ($2 you mention) will come in handy.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
    A whole $2, is that a week? an hour? Usually a managerial position implies a reasonable lift in salary and $2 doesn't sound much to compensate for the stress, but not knowing your base rate... what is the opportunity for study leave?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2012, 03:36 AM
    Medical Billing is not a high paying position. Getting into management offers a much greater potential for earnings.

If the $2 represents a 10% increase or more than it is significant. Even a 5% bump may be considered a lot.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 05:06 AM
    You want to talk about stress, medical billing, you miscode something and it gets denied or there is a charge back latter. The patient is made, the doctor is mad. Plus it was one of the lower paying positions in any of the medical offices I ever worked in. Considered more entry level. They moved up from that to customer service or schedule and so on.

But I will say, not sure what type of supervisor, but if this was 2 dollars a hour, 80 dollars a week is not a large increase for a supervisor.

The other issue, often if you were offered it and turned it down, the person who does take it, will normally know you were offered it first and will have some issues with you about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm pregnant needing to step down from my management position [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told that if I step down from my position they do not have a job for me and we will have to part ways - the management position is too much stress on me and would like to go back to my original job before I was pregnant. I have had no training in the management position and it was given...

Interviewing for a management position at my current job [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, So, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a supervisor position at work. I'm a caregiver, and I'd be supervising 4 other people. I've been employed with this company for 4 months, but as a caregiver for 2 years. Can people help me prepare for the interview? I've never...

Management position [ 1 Answers ]

1.demonstrate involvement in shaping managerial decisions that affect events beyond standard operational activities. 2. what is your experience with regard to showing reponsibility for meeting financial targets that rely on the efforts of more than one person

Should I accept a management position? [ 1 Answers ]

I work in the newsroom of a major newspaper in NYC. Last month my manager decided to quit the company. Since I amongst my colleagues am the one with the most experience, I was predictably offered the position. While I am in all modesty a top performer at my job; very dependable and willing to get...

View more questions Search