Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scvolfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Mortgage Subordination
    My ex is on the first mortgage and I am on the deed with him. He does not live with me but pays the first. The lender is willing to consider a subordination because it is a HELOC as long as I pay it down some. Now the broker I am working with tells me Fannie Mae will not allow the subordination because he is not part of the loan I currently trying to secure. He will remain on the deed though. Does this sound right?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Normally a HELOC is opened with the same person of the original loan, if this is not the case, there is nothing you can really do about it expect keep making at least minimum payment on that HELOC account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glen Pool Club, Inc. has a $150,000 mortgage liabilty. The mortgage is payable in mo [ 1 Answers ]

Glen Pool Club, Inc. has a $150,000 mortgage liabilty. The mortgage is payable in monthly installments of $1,543 , which include interest computed at an annual rate of 12 percent (1 percent monthly). Prepare a partial amortization table showing (1) the original balance of this loan, and (2)...

Subordination Mortgage [ 5 Answers ]

There is a lot of information on the web regarding A Loan/Mortgage subordination agreement, however, there aren't any examples. Can you give me an example of a loan subordination. First Mortgage is 214, 000 6.375 Interest only ARM. Second Mortgage is 69,000 9.94 30 year fixed. Current Property...

What is a Subordination [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to purchase a home and a judgment came up on my record which is a credit card under my parents name and my brother and I being card users. Well someone used our credit card under fraudulent use and my parents reported to the police and have been trying to get this issue resolved. Now...

View more questions Search