Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CharlesStefanik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 03:09 PM
    My girlfriend wants to leave the state with my 1 year old.
    We have been together for several years, We are still living under the same roof. We live in Florida. I found out she applied for public Housing in New York. She is planning on taking my 1 year old son out of state. What can I do to stop her.

Mar 6, 2012, 03:24 PM
    She says if I call the police on her that she will slit her wrists and say I did it.
    I want to call the police to keep my girlfriend from taking our son out of state. She says if I do she will slit her wrists and say I did it. Or she said she will tie a rope around her neck and say I tried to strangle her. What can I do and still not lose my son.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 03:29 PM
    First record her saying these things,

Do you have a custody order, What is it, and who has custody?
    Do you have visits, do you visit ? More info is needed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 03:32 PM
    I have merged your threads, please as ONE question and come back and answer your own to add more info. You see how different it is with the additional info.

You go to court and file for custody, and get a court order stopping her from taking the child out of state.

The police can not do anything at this point. I would separate from her as fast as I could since she is liable to do anything at this point.

Mar 6, 2012, 04:20 PM
    We are still living together in my late Grandmother house. There is no custody agreement. My name is on the birth Certificate. This just came as a shock to me. She went to New York because her Father was dying. While there she had an affair. After a week she came home. I knew something was different. Finally she told me she slept with someone. It hurt but I thought we could patch things up. Two days later she left for New York again. Her dad got worse and had days maybe hours left. She said she was going to be gone for a week with burial and all. Both times the baby was left with me. Also her 5 year old special needs child. I landed up taking her oldest son to his Grandmother house and my son to my moms house so I could work. At night I would pick up my son and bring him home with me. Her mom said she would keep the older one to make it easier. She did not come home after a week. This time she stayed 2 weeks. When she came home finally things were never the same. She said she was faithful. I found in her drawer papers for Public Housing, she was appying for In New York. I am at wits end I don't want to lose my son. I can't afford to hire a laywer. Business is very slow and we just get through each month.Like it is for many people I am sure. What can I do. If I call the police she will say I hurt her in some way. I am lost as to what I can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I leave the state with my kid and file full custity out of state? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if I can take my kid with me and leave the state of Ohio, we are sharing 50/50 custody right now. Live under same roof. We fight too much and this house is a pig pin. I guess what I am asking can I leave and file full custody out of state with her 'my little girl'

Can a 17 year old leave foster care in the state of Kentucky? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm am a 17 year old girl , Ive been in a foster home for the past 6 months and I really want to go home, I miss my family and I'm missing out on my nephews and nieces grow up and I really miss my boy friend, I went to court and my dad told the judge he didn't want me any more, is there any thing...

We lived and worked out of state for the entire year and paid taxes to another state. [ 1 Answers ]

We are legal residents of Georgia, but have lived and worked in Virginia for two years. We paid taxes for the entire year to Virginia, but Georgia still insists we pay the same taxes to them. Somewhere I read in the Georgia Tax code that income earned out of state while living out of state is not...

My Girlfriend Left the State With My 3 Year Old Without Me Knowing [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend told me she was taking my 3 year old boy out to the water park for the weekend and her friend told me she moved to Arizona with him! What can I do? Please help me!

Last year State tax refund and do I report it this year on the state tax form ? [ 2 Answers ]

I received a state tax refund last year from New York. Must I include that amount as income on my New York return this year?

View more questions Search