Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bonray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 10:31 AM
    My single kitchen faucet handle won't shut water off price pfister?
    Our kitchen faucet handle will not turn the water off. It is a single handle price pfister model. It started dripping, and with some patience, you could maneuver it to turn off. Now it is a steady drip. Is it repairable? If so, what parts should we look for?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Your local Home Depot or Lowe's store will have the "innards" that should be replaced for your faucet. Take a picture of the faucet to the store if you don't know the model number and they should be able to point you to the right package - which can be replaced with basic tools.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Rickj is correct. The innards will be a cartrdige or ball valve which are replaceable and rebuildable. Pfister - Faucet repair Make sure you can shut off both hot and cold supply or the main if you have to be before you start opening the valve body. Tell me the model and I can help further, not sure about the model then just surf the price web site
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Mar 6, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Don't know about Pfister, but my Moen had a warranty for exact thing and on their site you send photo and enter purchase date info and they mail you the parts for free. But then I had the original plumber fix it, who also did not charge me (perhaps Moen pays him? I dunno) And my problem is hard water, it was still covered.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 12:04 PM
    Wallabee is correct, Moen, Price and many others have lifetime replacement parts. Operative word is parts, labor not included. Sometimes removing the cartrdige and greasing with plumbers grease will cure the issue, other time replacement is warranted
    Bonray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Thanks so much for the info! I was mistaken about the brand.Actually found the box! It is a Delta model 11906. It has a lifetime warranty. I called the Delta customer service number today and they are sending out a repair kit at no charge. Hopefully we can repair it. Thanks again for the quick responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta kitchen faucet low water pressure - single handle [ 5 Answers ]

My single handle Delta kitchen faucet has lost pressure recently, especially the cold water, which is no more than a trickle. I've cleaned the aerators and replaced the seats and springs, but no improvement. Even with the aerator removed the pressure remains very low. I suspect a blockage...

Adjusting temp on price pfister single handle [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to adjust the temp on a single handle price pfister tub faucet. The problem is that I can't get the white cartridge out far enough to move the temp adjust disk, and of course I can't find any instructions. Do I have to remove the cartridge assembly completely to do this? Any help...

Price Pfister hot water leaks from faucet [ 1 Answers ]

2 handle Price Pfister kitchen faucet-leaking from faucet (hot water side) nothing idicates the washers are bad. How do I know if the cartridge is bad?

Price Pfister Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have the faucet and DO NOT use the sprayer. The installer just tied it beneath the sink and I put a hand soap dispenser in the sprayer hole. There is NO WATER PRESSURE. It just dribbles infuriatingly. I found that the little logo button comes off the main chute of the faucet but I don't know...

View more questions Search