Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deemo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 01:03 AM
    Find books by plot?
    Looking for a book my daughter read some time between 1988 and 1993. Title was not "Beyond the Gates" but it was something like that or had the sense of that meaning. It was a sort of fantasy story set in an unspecified society and time. The location is a town/city surrounded by walls. Protagonist was a young girl who felt she didn't really belong but was going to have to decide her path in life soon. People whisper about what exists outside the walls but are afraid to go out. The stories they tell about what is bad about what's out there sort of appeal to her despite her fear. In the end, she decides to leave and goes out the gates into her future.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 12:36 PM
    How about this --

Amazon.com: The Dark Hills Divide: The Land of Elyon, Book 1 (9780439700931): Patrick Carman: Books

Age Level: 9 and up | Grade Level: 4 and up

Inquisitive twelve-year-old Alexa Daley is spending another summer in the walled town of Bridewell. This year, she is set on solving the mystery of what lies beyond the walls. Legend says the walls were built to keep out an unnamed evil that lurks in the forests and The Dark Hills. But what exactly is it that the townspeople are so afraid of?

As Alexa begins to unravel the truth, pushing beyond the protective barrier she's lived behind all her life, she discovers a strange and ancient enchantment -- and exposes a danger that could destroy everything she holds dear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Search for books by plot [ 3 Answers ]

A children's book from 50's-70's about a girl who moved to a house with a staircase in a turret with velvet curtains where she liked to read... also another from the same time, one about a girl who lived near an abandoned house where she used to go and play and fixed it up and maybe ended up living...

I'm trying to find a movie but I only know the plot? [ 0 Answers ]

There is a woman who is the wife of a cop or sheriff. She's grocery shopping one day and runs into the son of one of her old friends that she knew before she moved away. She ends up having an affair with the boy. At the end than woman's husband enters a restaurant where his wife is on a date with...

Find movie by plot [ 0 Answers ]

Middle aged woman had flower shop with her sister. Son who is policeman gets killed, son's room-mate falls in love with woman. The son's room-mate is also a policeman woman also has daughter, and yourger son. Daughter tired to get her brother's room-mate interested in her, but room-mate is...

Plot: Orphans find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of a 1980's movie that a group of orphaned kids find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand in it. Then, the briefcase goes missing after they report it to the police. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

I read a series of books (6 or 7) I remember the plot, not the titles. [ 1 Answers ]

I read a series of 6 or 7 books about 15 years ago. I need help remembering the name of the series, I don't remember the name of the books or characters. I only remember the plot line and a couple of odd things that happened. I remember a girl travelled to another world or time at first by...

View more questions Search