Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VolleyballGal17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 07:06 PM
    How can I skip 8th grade and go straight to high school?
    I'm 13 and I'm in 7th grade now, I am a September baby therefore I could be in 8th grade but I started late. My dad and I have been thinking about moving me up a grade. I'm a straight A student and I'm in advanced classes. Is there any way possible (in Arizona) that I could take online classes during the summer to help me be able to go straight to high school next year?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Have you talked to anyone at your school about making the jump forward? Your principle may be able to recommend how you can achieve that. Congrats on being straight A's. Good Job.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Cutoff dates for entry into school change from time to time and state to state. The chances of skipping a grade now are slim. I too congratulate you on getting straight A's in the 7th grade material. However, the curriculum for 8th grade is different, what makes you believe you would have a sufficient understanding of materials you have never read or been exposed t? In our school 7th graders study Biology while 8th grades study Physics. How would you expect to make up that gap? Do have your dad speak with the principal. I would not bother doing that on your own.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 07:32 PM
    Your dad ( where is your mom?) needs to go to the school and talk to the counselor and then to the Principal. Each school will have its procedure and rules ( even if that rule is no they don't do it) Often you may have to take the national test for your next year, such as take the 8th grade end of the year test and make passing grades in it.
    Which gets harder as you get older since it is a lot of info not addressed in earlier years.

You may have to switch to a private school perhaps where they will test you for your proper grade level.
    VolleyballGal17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 07:32 PM
    I also go to a Preparatory, which prepares us for college, and us being in middle school; take some high school classes. Which I do for math. And My dad and I were thinking I could do online classes during the summer, if that's possible.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2012, 04:52 AM
    We can't answer your questions. But your school guidance counselor CAN. That is who you should be talking to. The guidance counselor can recommend courses to take or tests to take, that will allow you to move up a grade. This is all specific to your school district's rules. So make an appointment to talk with the counselor today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

?Why Can't I Just Skip To 8th Grade? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Iam 14 years old in 7th grade turning 15 on march 21st. I got held back in 2nd grade which is fine so I am suppose to be in 8th grade but then I got held back in 6th grade. Technecly I am suppose to be a 9th grader but I'm curious if I can skip the rest of seventh grade and move on to 8th...

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

How can my child skip a grade in middle school [ 1 Answers ]

Our child was held back in 1st grade due to an October birth date. Now he is 12 and an A-B+ student going to 6th grade Aug-24 2010. He is very large compared to his classmates and wants to get involved in sports. It seems that he is in between being too old for most leagues or not in the...

What do I have to learn in social studies to skip 8th grade? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to skip 8th grade and I know everything for all the subjects except in social studies, so what do I got to learn? (I live in MI if that helps)

My son,13,is in the 6th grade for the 2nd time. Is there a test to skip to the 8th? [ 3 Answers ]

My son, 13, is in the 6th grade for the second time. He was held back in the 1st grade. Is there a test to skip to the 8th in GA?

View more questions Search