Ask
    niki_3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Puppy feeding
    When can my dog feed her puppies after surviving an antifreeze poisoning
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Niki, hang tight (love the name by the way, my daughters' name is Niki)
    I don't know the answer to this but I will surely do some research and see what I can find.
    In the meantime hopefully someone else can offer some advice.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Niki, it's really best to talk to your vet about this. Seeing as he's likely the vet that treated your dog he can give you a better idea about how she's doing, and when she'll be allowed to resume nursing her pups.

In the meantime follow his directions for feeding exactly. This is really one of those cases where only a vet can tell you how to proceed.

Good luck.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 06:42 PM
    Alty is exactly right, call and speak with the vet who treated your dog. I did do some looking around but I'm afraid the answer to your particular question would take forever, so I didn't continue.
    Your dog has already beaten the odds by surviving. And lucky her, you caught it in time.
    Depending on the time frame you may not want to tax her system any further.
    Follow the advice Alty has already given and best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I over feeding my puppy [ 5 Answers ]

My puppy is a 10 month staffordshire bull terrior and she has just had a litter of puppys as the male caught her when she was in her first season and I was unaware she would get pregnant, when she gave birth she lost a lot of weight so now I feed her tripple what she would eat in a day and smart...

Puppy feeding [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 4 month old shepard lab mix and have been feeding her dry puppy food. Someone told us that we should add water to the food because they have rolling stomachs. Is this true?

Puppy and feeding [ 4 Answers ]

I have eight 21/5 week old part Lab puppies - at what age can I feed them and what?

Feeding puppy [ 3 Answers ]

New to the site hi everyone , I have a cane corso(italian mastiff)puppy and was wondering when I should I feed my dog meat?

Feeding your puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on the lookout for a new pup to add to my small family (me and my bf) I don't work and am home all the time. I was wondering what's kinds of dog food are good for a growing pup. It's a young *only a few months old not sure exact age* but she's eating solid food well. It's a...

View more questions Search