Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shadow7793 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 11:19 AM
    My father died, how should I get help?
    My father passed away in my kitchen, right in front of me, then he came back, had a seizure and died again. I keep having dreams about it, and flashbacks. Sometimes when I'm lying down at night, I can hear him screaming for help. I just want these images out of my head. Every day I think about suicide because I cannot stand to be away from him. I just turned 18 and this is my first time dealing with something like this. How should I get help?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 11:23 AM
    Not "how should you get help" but "where."

Have you looked for a counselor in your area, someone who works with grieving clients?
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
    Wondergirl is right. Get a counselor to help you. My dad too died in front of my eyes, I had recurring nightmare for about six months. It was terrible. But I was much better off after I sought help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
    I too got counseling after my parents died, and it helped me a great deal.

There are many counselors that specialize in grief counseling. Look up counselors in your area, make an appointment, and get the help you need.

Dealing with loss is never easy. There's no reason that you have to deal with this alone, and what you're feeling is perfectly normal. There is help out there, so get it. It will help a great deal.
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Mar 7, 2012, 11:23 AM
    It's strange. I didn't get counseling after my dad's death. I didn't know how I was going to get along without him. Then I understood that I knew a lot of people who had lost their parents and they are doing just fine. I realized that I was no special case. It just so happened that his death was special to me.

As far as suicide is concerned, I'll bet he taught you better than that. Take it from me... if you have a pulse, then you have a purpose. Those are only thoughts. They are not a call to action. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know when my father died [ 3 Answers ]

My father was Francoise Grillot. He and my mother had an affair, and they were never married. He died before I was born. All I know is that his mom's name was Maddame Suzzanne Grillot. I want a picture of him. I have never seen what he looks like. He lived in France. I don't know what part. Can...

Father died but I never really dealt with it [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 23 year old guy and almost 3 years ago I watched my father die after a long and painful illness. At the time of his death of course I was uoset but I was more concerned with being 'strong' and 'manly' and I was more worried about how I was going to tell other people and be strong for my...

I am 30 weeks pregnant and the father died [ 11 Answers ]

:(I am 30 weeks and my fiancée past away about 2 months ago, and I been trying to be strong... but it is starting to really get to me and I don't know what to do.:confused:

My baby's father my life died [ 5 Answers ]

Im losing it... I'm twenty years old I was with my boyfriend for over 4 years our daughter turns six months tomorrrow and he died in a car wreck last night... and I keep looking for him. And calling leaving voicemails. I saw the secene the blood all of it. I need advice that is better than what...

My father just died with no will, where do I start? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died a few days ago of a suspected heart attack. So far there is no will that we know of. My main concern at this point is that my parents were divorced and my father had remarried a few years ago. My mother is in custody of my little sister and I just recently started taking care of my...

View more questions Search