Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skayd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 08:54 PM
    Can a Florida Special Taxing District dissolve and become a mandatory HOA
    We are a Florida Special Taxing District created by the Legislature. Can we dissolve our district and create a mandatory membership HOA? If so, under what statute? How can a HOA acquire the common areas of the Special District?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 5, 2012, 04:41 AM
    If the legislature created the district, then it will take an act of the legislature to dissolve it. You NEED to have an attorney draw up the paperwork to create the HOA, that attorney can advise you on the rest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Volunter HOA Be Made Mandatory Without Consent of the Homeowner? [ 7 Answers ]

When I bought my home this neighborhood was under construction and still under the management of the building company so there was no homeowners' association. The "Declaration of Covenants" with the state of Florida and the county under which I bought the home specifically stated: "Section 1....

Dissolve S Corporation in the State of Florida [ 1 Answers ]

How do you close or dissolve a S corporation in the State of Florida? What forms and what departments do I need to contact to do this? i.e. Secretary of State, IRS and who else?

Florida HOA [ 2 Answers ]

What rights do homeowners have to hold HOA accountable for enforcing property upkeep? The community documents do not spell out my rights. Where and how would I go about obtaining that documentation?

Can a Non-Mandatory HOA, placing Lien on our home? [ 2 Answers ]

We live in a small 2 block neighborhood, total of like 20 houses. When we signed mortgage papers, it shows that there is a non mandatory HOA. The HOA is telling us that it is mandatory and that we owe for the past two years (we have lived here for about a 1.5 yrs). We have not paid, as we...

View more questions Search