Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gemmas1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Dwarf hamster
    I bought two of these hamsters got to give them both some love and one was dead with its face bitten and its eye gone do you have any suggestions please x x
    celticfc Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2012, 12:18 PM
    Can you please tell me if you are wanting to know what happened to the hamster or what to do either way tell me
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 02:09 PM
    You said they're dwarf hamsters. What type? Russian dwarfs?

Most breeds of hamsters don't get along. They cannot be housed together. Even Russian dwarfs, which most people claim can be housed together, can and do fight to the death.

Hamsters are solitary animals. We as humans feel that they need a friend, but that's not what they want. Once they hit sexual maturity most hamsters will fight with any hamster invading their space.

It sounds like that's what happened here.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Suggestions about what? I would suggest that before you buy any additional hamsters you read this - Hamster Club :: All the Hamster Information you need

And Alty knows what she's talking about, so I would read her response again.
    rachaelflint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 05:47 AM
    I got my dwarf hamster from the RSPCA, he had been there for 6 weeks and they said when he arrived he was possibly 3 - 4 months old. Now he is circa 6 months old. I have had hamsters before but not dwarfs and I have read all there is to read on dwarf hamsters. I have had him for 4 days now and I am feeling so sorry for him as he comes out of his bed and sees me and even though I am not sitting there next to his home, he gets very scared and runs away, but so frightened he even falls off his ladders to get away. I am wondered if there is no hope for me to tame him seeing as he is 6 months old and whether I should do the best I can in providing him a clean home, bed, food, water and leave him to his own devices as clearly he has had a rough trot in life so far possibly having at least 3 different homes - am not sure whether to try and tame him or just leave him alone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dwarf hamster has some kind of scab on her back... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi About a month ago I noticed my dwarf hamster has a kind of crusty scab on her back... I thought it might have been from a cut or something but after it fell off it keeps coming back... also... once the crusty stuff falls off the skin beneath it seems to be slightlty swollen and red. I've also...

My dwarf hamster has two HUGE lumps on her lower stomach what are they? [ 2 Answers ]

My dwarf hamster who is only about one year old has two lumps on her lower stomach. They look pink and have a few scabs. They are HUGE and take up almost her hold stomach. She seems to be active and eats and poops OK I think. I have not paid attention to her for a while so I don't know how long she...

Dwarf hamster has strange bump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a dwarf hamster named surgar. I've had her since July of 2008 and she's been healthy and happy. About a month ago I noticed that she had lump to the side of her stomach. I was worried but tried not to think anything of it. Ever since then, it grew really big to a point where it looks almost...

Dwarf Incident [ 6 Answers ]

I rear ended a car this morning... I tell you, it was going to be a REALLY bad day! The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF! He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!" So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"

The Dwarf [ 5 Answers ]

I rear ended a car this morning... I tell you, I knew it was going to be a REALLY bad day! The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF! He looked up at me and said 'I am NOT Happy!' So I said, 'Well, which one ARE you then?'

View more questions Search