Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    briorr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 06:13 PM
    My pet rat got loose! I need advice on how to find him quickly and safely...
    I have three pet rats. I took one out for some playtime and he got away. He then proceeded to disappear completely. I don't have too much space for him to roam and I have little to no clutter for him to hide in. I already put some food out for him but I'm a worrier and would like to know if someone has new advice. Much thanks!
    palewhite Posts: 20, Reputation: -8

Mar 3, 2012, 07:22 PM
    I think your pet rat probably got eaten by another animal. If you are going to buy another pet rat, be sure to buy a cage WITH A LID.
    briorr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 07:41 PM
    As I mentioned in the question, I took one out to play and he slipped away. Their cage is very secure. I have no other animals that he could be eaten by.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2012, 08:46 PM
    I'm so sorry I missed this question and for the rude reply...

I'll answer in case anyone else has the same problem.

Rats have a very good sense of smell but regular rat food probably won't be enticing enough, you need something that smells really strong to try and get him out of his hiding place. Roast chicken is a good one, mine go crazy for it and the smell is pretty strong.

If your rat has been missing for some time (a few days at least) and you think it is still in the house somewhere you can set up flour traps to make sure he's still scampering around. Just sprinkle some flour in a line over hard flooring overnight so he leaves footprints when he walks over it. Remember rats don't like going out into the open so putting food in the middle of a room won't do much good unless you have a very confident rat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Quickly can settling happen in a new house? I desperately need advice. [ 1 Answers ]

So I built a new home, and within 2 weeks of moving in, I see pops in the wall, I forget the termination, sorry, basically from the actual nails popping out of the wall, so to speak. Also, not just that, there are "ripple's", some may say 'bowing',again termination I am not familiar with it. The...

How can I find topics already on my computer quickly? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find information that's in my computer quickly. I have a Mac OSX?

How do I loose wieght quickly [ 4 Answers ]

I am 13 yrs old and I weigh 130kgs (286 pounds) and about 5ft 6in, heaps I know but that is they way I am I need too loose weight in time for my uncles engagement party in November this year. I have never had to loose weight like this before,and my nan has made a bet with me whoever looses the...

I need to loose weight quickly. [ 3 Answers ]

I am an Indian, vegetarian married mother of 2 kids. I weigh 90 kgs & smoke. My Job is stressful & no matter what I try , the scales are just not going down. Can you help me with locating good weight loss pills in India.

View more questions Search