Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Accteam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 02:14 PM
    State and federal Tax for C Corp
    I'm new to C Corp taxation. C Corp can deduct the state tax paid from the federal tax? If so, where on form 1120 should I enter the amount.
    Thanks
    MLSNC Posts: 158, Reputation: 17

Mar 3, 2012, 06:05 PM
    The state income taxes are deducted on the Taxes and Licenses line which is Line 17. If you are cash basis deduct the amount you have paid. If you are accrual basis you will deduct the taxes for the current year. Note that most states do not allow state income taxes to be deducted so they will be added back somewhere on the state form.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Tax Query related to Federal and State Tax and Filing Status. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Married Indian resident. I had visited US in 2006 twice on H1B. I have never been to US earlier. Period of Visit: March 2006-April2006 approx 44 Days - Income from NY. Stayed in NJ August 2006 – Sept 2006 approx 32 Days. - Income from NJ. Stayed in NJ My company paid the salary...

1120: State income tax deductible in federal tax return for corp. [ 2 Answers ]

In our C Corp. we use the Accrual method of accounting. Nevertheless, in our past Federal Inc. tax returns, my accountant (actually, ex-accountant) has been deducting the State Inc. Taxes PAID in the FY, instead of the accrued tax. I want to start deducting the accrued tax, starting this FY's...

Different state employees filing married jointly for federal but separate state tax? [ 1 Answers ]

We got married in Dec 06 month. We want to file federal tax 2007 married jointly. She lives in Alabama and I live in Wisconsin. I am a resident alien and she is not. For federal, I can apply 1040 R, jointly married. My question is whether we have to file state tax married jointly? If I file...

Document to File prooving exemption of NY State tax and the Federal tax: F1 Status [ 1 Answers ]

Hi experts' Hi What should my employer file, to exempt me from Federal and state tax, I am in NY, and live in NYC, My Visa status is OPT... F1 JazZ

View more questions Search