Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgagnon53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 06:24 AM
    Install new flush mount light with older wiring
    I purchased a flush mount ceiling light fixture which requires source wiring to have 90 degree Celsius rating. My home was built in the early 60's so I assume it has 60 degree Celsius rating. Can I install a junction box some distance from where the light will be installed, run the original source to it and run new wire (90 degree Celsius rating) from it to for the new light. The light fixture houses 4 25 Watt bulbs.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2012, 04:56 AM
    You may if you like, but not necessary to change older wiring to meet new code. If the existing exposed wiring is heat damaged, then may be a good idea to replace the wiring as you explained.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove the globe from a flush mount ceiling light [ 10 Answers ]

There is a domed shaped globe with a metal ring at it's base. There is no center thumb screw and no ring screws. I have tried to turn it but it moves a fraction of an inch in both directions and no more. I have slid a putty knife between it and the ceiling but I can't pull it down. Everything I...

Why can't I mount a "wall mount only" light fixture on the ceiling? [ 6 Answers ]

I have several light fixtures, 8 feet by 2.5 inches, brass cover for the base, candelabra base, 8 bulbs. I want to install them on the ceiling in my foyer (where I have a carousel collection). Printed on the metal base it says wall mount only. What do I have to do to safely mount them on the...

Uninstall Flush Mount Ceiling Light [ 1 Answers ]

Nuvo Lighting 60/3107 "Kingston" Flush Mount Ceiling Light How do I undo this fixture to remove the dome! This is such a pain

Flush Mount Ceiling Light. [ 3 Answers ]

I have only 2 sets of wires (not 3) coming out of the ceiling box and I am replacing a ceiling fan with a Flush Mount Ceiling Light. I identified the live wires and connected them to the light fixture wires - black to black and white to white; light doesn't work. What else is needed?

View more questions Search