Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimidutch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Toilet has no water. Tank is full.
    Hi ! We have a second home. After not being there for several weeks we noticed that the upstairs toilet had no water in it. The tank is full but the toilet is empty.
    What could be the cause of this? Is something clogged?

Thanks

Mimi
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 19, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Hi Mimi,

Sounds like you may have a vent that's iced up and blocked. If that's the case then the suction from other fixtures draining could pull the water out of the bowl. You can pour boiling water down the vent or wait foir it to warm up. If you live in a warm climate then the vent needs snaking. Regards, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2007, 06:46 PM
    And... the water could have evaporated.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Any sign of vermin? They could be drinking it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Tank Cracked [ 28 Answers ]

Toilet tank has a hairline crack along bottom from the mounting bolt and up right hand side about 4 inches and lets water seep out. What can I apply to the inside of the tank to seal the crack? If it cannot be repaired, where can I find replacement ?- It is American Standard, Model Number...

Toilet tank not filling [ 3 Answers ]

Got a mystery here: I just moved into a new house and the toilet tank in the 2 piece bath on the main floor is suddenly not filling. I unscrewed the feed line into the tank and tested to see if there is water flowing through it and there isn't. The sink taps both work fine - just no water into...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I needed a new toilet tank and I've put it on the bowl. My problem is now when it is flushed, the flapper will not stay open long enough to drain water from bowl. When the lever is pulled, the flapper opens water starts to leave the tank, but then the flapper closes and the tank fills back...

Toilet tank installation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm putting in a Kohler toilet (2 piece) and don't know how tight to put the tank on. Should I still be able to wobble it around or would that be to loose? The problem I am having is that if I tighten all of the three bolts the same the tank is not level front to back (the front is lower than...

View more questions Search