Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TammieAkin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 10:21 PM
    Washing machine repair portland, Oregon
    My washing machine won't drain or spin? What is wrong with it? It just stops at the rince/spin cycle. Help!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2012, 04:22 AM
    Hi Tammieakin and welcome, does the washer make any noise when it's suppose to spin or drain? If not I would first check the lid switch and the actuator for the switch. Good luck and come back with anymore questions, OK?

Also post the name and model number, Ok?

Mar 9, 2012, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    Hi Tammieakin and welcome, does the washer make any noise when it's suppose to spin or drain? if not I would first check the lid switch and the actuator for the switch. good luck and come back with anymore questions, OK?

also post the name and model number, Ok?
    Hi, OK so it's a Kenmore Elite top load Model Number 11020952991 King Size Capacity Quiet pac II 3 speed motor with 6 speed combo, I have found out that it uses Worldpool parts. And, just so you know this was an intermitten problem. I was thinking maybe the lidswitch? It starts, fills, starts to agitate but then stops before it's supposed to drain and spin then just does nothing. But, a few time I just restarted it and it was fine. Then it started to need more mousing with to get it to go through it's cycle. Now its like if I unplug it and set it on just about the spin it will drain and spin and finish the cycle. But who wants to keep this up.At least that was the last time I tried to get a load to finish. So, what do you think? And by the way sorry I took so long getting back to this. I lost the site and for the life of me couldn't remember what the site was called. But, luckly I found it. Lol. So thanks for being helpful. Tammie

Mar 9, 2012, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    Hi Tammieakin and welcome, does the washer make any noise when it's suppose to spin or drain? if not I would first check the lid switch and the actuator for the switch. good luck and come back with anymore questions, OK?

also post the name and model number, Ok?
    Oh, and how do I get to the lidswitch and is there any place online to show diagrams of step by step for the lidswitch? Im new at this site so I think Im doing this write but, my questions came up as a answer. So bare with me OK. Thanks
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2012, 05:20 AM
    Hi again tammie, you should bookmark this site an come join the fun, answer questions using your knowledge or experience, but I digress.

The switch for your machine will cost about $35. Best to check the old one with a meter to be sure it's bad, don't want to have to buy another part after the switch change. Here is a good video to access the switch...

Whirlpool/Kenmore Washing Machine Lid Switch Replacement (part #3949238) - YouTube

Let me know how it goes. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We live in Portland Oregon. We need to replace our 30 year old Lenox oil furnace. We' [ 1 Answers ]

We live in Portland Oregon. We need to replace our 30 year old Lenox oil furnace. We're being bid an oil furnace heat pump combination. No access to gas. Should we keep a combination system or go strictly heat pump? Advantage of having both systems? Any suggestions?

Washing machine repair [ 0 Answers ]

After filling my Whirpool washer Model # GSQ9344E the agitator would not work and the motor made a grinding. I could drain the washer but the machine would not work. Is there a drive belt on the motor? Thanks.

Washing machine repair, ken [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore series 80. Overloaded. Does not agitate. At spin cylce it buzzes, agitatior does not turn

Washing machine repair [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Roper washing machine. It is about 10 years old, it works good but it leaks water when in use all the hoses are tight, must be underneath. What are possible repairs.

Washing Machine Repair [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Kenmore Series 80 Washing Machine Model#110.26842694,Serial # CJ 3231197 and I have an operating problem; The machine stops on rinse cycle and does not operate until timer is set to next setting which is the spin cycle; during this time the water in drum does not drain. Please advise of any...

View more questions Search