Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 12:15 PM
    22 year old virgin, why did this guy stop talking to me because of it?
    I'm 22 and still a virgin, it has to do with my religion but also a personal choice as well. I haven't really dated or done anything sexual, other than kissing. I was talking to this one guy, the first night he met me we exchanged numbers, the next day he started talking dirty to me. I just went with it. Then out of nowhere he just stopped talking to me, and kind ignored me. I met him through my cousin and it seemed anytime he would see her he would then think of me and then decide to text me, and it always happened to be at night, never in the day. We were on the phone the other day and all he wanted was dirty talk. I went with it again, but I felt like I should let him know I was a virgin and all that, so I did, and he just said he knew it. Then and I quote, said "You know what this means right?" I said "What?" he said "we can't do anything because I don't do thing with girls that never done anything before." Then he started to talk dirty again, I told him we couldn't because he didn't do stuff like that with 'virgins', then he hung up. I feel like maybe something is wrong with me. I'm normally a level headed person and am the one everyone goes to for advice, but when it comes to me I am like a dead weight. I feel like all common sense has went out the window. Should I lie about being a virgin next time? Was the only reason he was talking to me was for sex? I don't really know. The sad thing is I really like this guy, and I can't stop thinking about him.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 2, 2012, 01:26 PM
    I think you found out what he really wanted and it wasn't a relationship.

How much do you actually know about him? Did you talk about other things than sex? Did you ever talk about going out or doing things in person?

No, you shouldn't lie about being a virgin, but you also don't have to say anything about it until you are ready. His reaction is that of someone who isn't looking to build a relationship. He is looking for a playmate or phone sex buddy. I somehow don't get the impression that you would like to be thought of as the equivalent of a free phone sex operator, would you?

I think you need to lose his phone number and don't take his calls (if he tries to contact you again.) You may 'like' him. He may be great person. I do think you both are looking for different things at this stage of your lives.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2012, 01:46 PM
    I'm a guy... he was after sex, and a girlfriend... but clearly NOT looking for a wife any time soon.

Count your blessings this happened this quick. You don't have anything really invested here yet.

By all means you should do what you think is right for you... and acknowledge the fact some guys are going to walk out as a result. And it could be for reasons other than sex as well. When the person is right... you won't have these issues. Heck even if you did put out they might still walk away at some point anyway, so don't think that is any way to hang on to anyone either.. because it doesn't work.

You do it when its right for you (and not before then)... because until that wedding ring is on the hand... there isn't any obligation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2012, 02:56 PM
    You clarified where he was at. He was most likely expecting sex on the second or third date, many guys do. Many guys are not wanting a long term relationship merely a sex partner.
    yeshua_is_love Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 10:34 PM
    YOu should definitely NOT lie about being a virgin. Once your sexually active its almost like a whole different world, and more complicated.

I praise you for keeping your virginity. It is something precious that is not to be thrown away.

He clearly just wanted sex from you. You will find many guys like this, and they will leave when they find out that you're a virgin.. but this is a good thing because you don't want those kind of people.

And so a guy that stays with you without expecting sex until marriage is definitely worth your time, and they are out there. There are dating sites for virgins as well. That would be your best bet is to look for another virgin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did this guy stop talking to me? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been talking to the same guy from about a month. We met at a party and started texting. A couple weeks later, we hung out and went to dinner. After that he told me he really liked me and wanted to hang out again. He told me to pick something to do this time since he picked dinner the first...

Why did he stop talking to me? [ 0 Answers ]

Ok, so I started going to this new school and met this guy and we became really good friends and we would always hang out and go out to eat and stuff with him and a couple of other friends but then we started to talk more and we would hang out by ourselves and we would hug a lot and kiss on the...

Why did a guy stop talking to me? [ 9 Answers ]

About 6 months ago, I met this guy through a friend of a friend. He got my number, started texting very regularly (at least 5 days a week) and eventually asked me to dinner which we did twice. Once more we hung out. After several months of this - occasional phone calls, regular texts, MANY times...

Talking to a guy I like [ 11 Answers ]

So I was at the beach with my friends and say a guy that I liked but we have never talked before. There he began to talk to me and tease me and stuff like that. He showed interest and as we were leaving he came to talk to me. We didn't give phone numbers or anything but I found his profile on the...

A guy acquaintance who's been talking to me more [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm going crazy about this guy who I don't see all the time, but recently I've been seeing him more. And when we do, he'll usually say hi and start the conversation. I've had 4-5 talking encounters with him and most of them happened in the past week. I don't have his phone number yet. But...

View more questions Search