Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayteekakes Posts: 29, Reputation: -3

Mar 2, 2012, 04:52 AM
    Is it mandatory to get theater/drama training to become an actress?
    I want to be an actress when I grow up. It's all I've wanted for as far back as I can remember. I can't afford any training or teachers and my community theater is extremely bias. I'm homeschooled so I no longer even have the outlet of drama class and Competitive Speech.
    kseekingb Posts: 10, Reputation: -1

Mar 2, 2012, 05:40 AM
    I guess it's possible that someone can become a successful actor without formal, professional training in a school setting of some kind, but you definitely need practice. And you can get that in a variety of ways. Presenting/performing for family, friends, church, getting a group together and developing your own play even. Depending on where you live, you might have other options. A church play, various community theatres, and I'm not 100% on this, but I have a relative who participated in school sports at the local school despite being home-schooled. Maybe this is an option for you? I worked in technical theatre (behind the scenes) for years and the most important thing wasn't getting elite training, it was usually getting solid experience by actually doing it in whatever capacity you can.
    kayteekakes Posts: 29, Reputation: -3

Mar 2, 2012, 11:27 PM
    Thanks so much. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find a training center that offers IPC training? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for a training centers that teaches IPC Training that provides quality training system.

How to go from outside training to potty pad training for our puppy? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old shih zui puppy and she is very well trained in using the bathroom outdoors. In this cold weather I find that she shivers a lot while outside and I always make sure she has a coat/sweater on. How can I get her to at least during the colder months or during rainy days to use...

Baby mama drama and friend drama [ 28 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have been dating just for a little bit. We are so happy together when we with each other and I really care about him a lot. There is a couple down sides though to this relationship. He has a baby mama who is crazy like literally crazy. They haven't been together for about half...

Looking for actress [ 4 Answers ]

In the movie "The color Purple" what happened to the actress who played Cele?

View more questions Search