Ask
    beverly1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Baby boom
    What was the most likely cause of the baby boom between 1935 and 1957
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 1, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Umm THE Baby Boom was from the end of WWII to the mid 50s. And its cause is generally considered to be the returning vets starting families.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    umm THE Baby Boom was from the end of WWII to the mid 50s. And its cause is generally considered to be the returning vets starting families.

Agree with Scott -

The "baby boom" is generally considered to be 1946 to 1964. Where did you obtain the years you posted?

Is this a homework question and those dates were given to you?
    ANGIE4124 Posts: 67, Reputation: 23

Mar 1, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Between those dates; the trigger was WAR, WWII and the Great Depression.
    Some countries encouraged their women to have children in aid of economic growth there after. When service men returned home after the War, women came out of the factories and wanted to settle down and start their families. The growth rate is attributed to peace time and the economic stability of that country. So as more people earned, the more children they could afford.

Although I like to think, a lot of young enlisted soldiers and their wives etc.; feared they would not return and those who reunited with loved ones had more than just a kiss hello on their mind! Hence we also have War baby statistics, those children whose Father died in battle.

Technically the definition Baby Boom is referred to 1946 to 1955. Australia 1943 to 1960.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 07:29 PM
    What source did you use for the baby boom years? I just rechecked mine and it's 1946 to 1964 - when the birth rate reached pre-War statistics.

I'm always curious when two different sets of facts are posted.
    ANGIE4124 Posts: 67, Reputation: 23

Mar 2, 2012, 10:19 PM
    Further note; a baby boom can occur in any country at a time when there is economic prosperity, medical science and even for propaganda reasons etc. Historically and using 1935 to 1957 as an approximate guide, we had Germany raise the issue of the Motherland with the motherhood cult programme to restore the family in its rightful place; giving financial incentives to those to bear more children etc. for their own agenda. One is being; a prerequisite for a victory on the battlefront; thus creating a baby boom around 1934 to 1939. However due to wide spread devastation and people displacement; post-war Germany peaked in 1955, much later than America for example, which is 1946 to 1964. But still within the years you have specified in your question.

Please note; baby boom is an occurrence, such as a sudden, large, sustained increase in the birth-rate. Baby-boomer; a member of the baby boom generation; which we commonly acknowledge as between 1946 to 1964. The most likely cause or trigger as is your question would pend on the country of origin for explicit details. To save years of Sociology studies and research; you can simply Google it now days.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGIE4124 View Post
    To save years of Sociology studies and research; you can simply Google it now days.

I did and my info is different from yours. That's why I asked for your source.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 3, 2012, 07:28 AM
    While this is an international site, it is US centric. In my response I did specify THE Baby boom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BOOM? No boom [ 10 Answers ]

Threads merged and entire post was edited for clarity and clean up. Okay, quick questions. 1) When my boyfriend and I first started having sex it was amazing and I could finish over and over and over... well you get the point. Now I can get wet but when it comes time for the big...

The Boom Boom Room [ 1500 Answers ]

Welcome to the Boom Boom Room. Where the songs: "Let's talk about Sex" & "You Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It" is the anthem. Now let's get the party, started. Alty will be more than willing to show you the way.. KP too. Okay, okay.. NM too :: ouch you didn't have to bite so hard :: ...

Me Fall Down Go Boom [ 1 Answers ]

What cartoon character (probably 50's or very early 60's) was responsible for the phrase?

Boom boom volleyball [ 1 Answers ]

Boom boom volleyball password how the girls play topless:

I'm about to lower the boom [ 11 Answers ]

I am engaged to a man who had the misfortune of marrying a woman who is in this country illegally from Canada... can you believe that, Canada no less! When he married her she had three little kids (all born here) and he had another with her... what a smart guy, huh? He caught her with another guy...

View more questions Search