Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msowens Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2012, 11:21 AM
    What businesses should I approach for cleaning contracts
    Where are good places / businesses should I contact with cold calls for cleaning contracts?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 04:16 PM
    Are you just starting your business? Do you have any contracts presently? Are you incorporated and insured?

May I also ask what level of experience you have already?

Thanks,

Stringer

Mar 1, 2012, 06:04 PM
    I been cleaning for a few years but I established my own business in 2010 and had contracts. I recently moved am trying to secure new contracts. I am licensed
    Business Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Am I a bit confused Ms Owens haven't we spoken before on here at some point or am I imagining it? It's been a long day... :)

Anyway, what have you tired so far?

Stinger

Mar 4, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Yes we have spoke before Stringer & this was suppose to be a good year.. I been passing out business cards, networking, word of mouth and cold calls. What else can I do? HELP
    Business Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Luck comes with hard work Ms Owens. Keep doing what you are and talk to anyone and everyone, even neighbors and friends they may know someone that knows someone.

"Failure is not an option." You have to be determined that you will do whatever it takes. That has always been my attitude; it's been 20 years now and we are very successful, you can too.

Stringer
    Business Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 09:23 PM
    To answer your question, I would approach small offices first say 3,000 to 5,000 sq ft. You may find some initial success there.

Try business parks and warehouse parks (they have 3,000 + sq ft offices). Try to stay in the same area as they are easier to control.

Stringer

Mar 5, 2012, 10:21 AM
    I keep trying to tell myself that all it takes is that one person and it will go from there, It is a very competitive market out here, so I'm trying to figure out what areas they lack in, but I am offering 50% off first cleaning (Is that a good idea to attract attention) Are there any other ideas or suggestions you can offer? I appreciate you mentorship
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 10:31 AM
    Offering a discount such as this in the commercial end of our business isn't appropriate usually Ms Owens. It shows a level of residential cleaning that isn't usually seen in commercial. Somehow it appears not too professional I fear.

It will come if you are passively aggressive and wear out the shoe leather.

Yes it is very competitive but those who continue spending the time knocking on doors (and following up) and learning with persevere. You have the desire and I hope you have the fire in your belly.

Stringer

Mar 5, 2012, 12:56 PM
    I am offering that to the residential not the commercial, I do both. But what is something that can be offered to the commercial ?

Mar 5, 2012, 01:09 PM
    What is something or service that can be offered to catch their attention? I am in the process in making my flyers so I can advertise the services or specials on there
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msowens View Post
    What is something or service that can be offered to catch their attention? I am in the process in making my flyers so I can advertise the services or specials on there
    Flyers work for residential not so much for commercial Ms Owens. You need to put something together in a brochure form and take it to a printer so it looks more professional, UPS/Kinko's or some place like them. They will also help with suggestions. Leave these behind along with your card.

Keep knocking and I don't remember do you have a website? And TALK to everyone.

Stringer

Mar 5, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Yes I have a website you can look at it and see if it covers all the areas www.pccsvs.webs.com
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Are you in Brocton? Is this you?

Stringer

Mar 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Yes I am. I created a brochure, are handouts / postcards a good idea also. What is a service I can offer to attract their attention
    Business Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Yes I am. I created a brochure, are handouts / postcards a good idea also. What is a service I can offer to attract their attention
    One of the best ways is to get the person's email address and send them a brief email. Include your website on it but be BRIEF Ms Owens if you're not they won't take the time to read it. No more than 2 paragraphs or maybe three small ones.

Tell them who you are, what you do (include your email and phone numbers), ask them to be put on their 'bidding list' and that you are always available.

Stringer

Mar 6, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Thanks, I'll put that to use and see what the outcome will be
    Business Expert

Mar 6, 2012, 07:46 PM
    Thanks, I'll put that to use and see what the outcome will be
    Perseverance.

Mar 7, 2012, 10:25 AM
    I will definitely keep that in mind

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need formula or hourly rate for cleaning small businesses in Maine? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a successful summer mowing company and would like to clean small businesses (500 to 3000 sq ft) in the central Maine (Lewiston/Augusta area). I have accts at Home Depot and Lowe's for my supplies but need help with quoting a cleaning job or what a average hourly rate would be for clean small...

How cleaning company find cleaning contracts? [ 12 Answers ]

How can I get cleaning contracts?

HOW to obtain cleaning contracts and also how todo marketing for my cleaning business [ 13 Answers ]

Hello I just started my own cleaning business 5months ago with my husband I have one contract so far... its a small restaurant cleaning once a week which is not much... I just basically looked through the phone book and that's how I got it really called a bunch of people and got lucky... What...

Businesses accepting commercial cleaning bids? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find businesses that are accepting commercial cleaning contracts

Anyone knows how to get cleaning contracts? [ 2 Answers ]

We're getting into a cleaning business, anyone who can give us pros how to get cleaning contracts?

View more questions Search