Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nel777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Crown lengthening, build-up, and temporary crown on the same day ?
    My tooth nr. 28 had a root canal treatment 1 week ago by an endodontist. Yesterday, my general dentist performed a crown lengthening and placed the build-up and temporary crown on it. All in one session. In 2 weeks, he wants to place the permanent crown on it. Has this been done correctly ? There are no stitches. Can a crown lengthening and temporary crown be done in one session ?
    The literature I found on-line states that after crown lengthening, the tooth and gum tissue must heal first. This has been skipped apparently. Or, maybe he did not perform a crown lengthening but billed me for it ? I paid $ 660,-- for the crown lengthening. By the way, they charged me everything yesterday, including permanent crown, which I am to receive in 2 weeks.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Crown lengthening [ 3 Answers ]

I was told be a periodontist that I needed crown lengthening to save my molar. This is a $1400 procedure. Has anyone ever had this done? Also do you still need to get a root canal once the crown lengthening is performed or do you just go back for the crown? Because $1400 is a lot of money...

Crown lengthening [ 4 Answers ]

How much does crown lengthening cost and does the procedure hurt?

Crown lengthening [ 5 Answers ]

I just left my cosmetic dentist office with my chin hitting the floor for how much some restorative work was going to cost. We discussed crown lengthening since my teeth are a tad bit short to make them look better. Two days later I got a revised quote for the lengthening added on at the tune of...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.