Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bestest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 01:52 AM
    Department of Justice
    What's the significance of being arrested by the Department of Justice at my residence for a bench warrant as oppose to a sheriff?
    jayman419 Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Mar 1, 2012, 05:01 AM
    I think it depends on which jurisdiction is bringing the charges, and what those charges are.

There are local police, county sheriffs, state police, and the federal Department of Justice, which operates through several semi-independent agencies depending on the scope of the alleged crimes involved.

It also might just signify inter-agency cooperation, where the federal officers are assisting other agencies with an investigation, and after determining the scope of the alleged crimes, pass it off to a lower jurisdiction to prosecute.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 05:42 AM
    There are dozens of agencies within the Dept of Justice. Was it the Federal Marshals, The FBI, the Secret Service. Who arrested you normally will depend on what type of charges and from what court.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Hello B:

The significance is, you're being charged with a federal crime.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get justice [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-husband attacked me in my vehicle while I was picking up our 15 yo daughter from High School(03-2007). We share custody 50/50. Ex is a Deputy Sheriff. My 3yo daughter from current marriage was also in the vehicle. Ex pounded on the window and yelled obscenities. Once ex backed off I went...

Is this justice [ 17 Answers ]

So I was helping my mom at her store and got paid. I bought a PS3, 1 extra controler and a PS2-PS3 Joystick converter. When school started my Mom said that I can't play anymore on my PS3 because it is school, so she took my 2 joysticks but not my converter. So I had a plan to use that...

There isn't any justice! [ 10 Answers ]

:confused:i have a question?do you khow in this world all the people just think about boys and their feeling! in any part never thinks about girls and their end! if a boy have problems in his relationships with girls the fault is always the girls always so why?:confused:

Any Justice? [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: Can anyone answer this... can I do anything when I am infected with herpes and know the person that has it... he knows I have already contacted him...

View more questions Search