Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beeboobop Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 09:14 PM
    Accidentally used the wrong volume... **Hair Color**
    So I accidentally grabbed my 40 volume developer (needed the 10 volume developer) to color my hair a shade or two darker. The color is Ion Color Brilliance - Permanent Hair Color 3G-3.3 Level 3 Dark Brown gold tone. I immediately washed it out. By the time I realized I used the wrong developer, I had already done the top half of my head. At the moment, I have a little scalp irritation (to be expected). It doesn't seem to be lightening at all...

What would happen using a 40 volume developer when coloring hair darker? Would it lighten or just stay the same? Any advise of what I should do now to achieve my darker hair color? (no box dye users, plz)

Check out some similar questions!

What volume peroxide will lighten my black hair to match my natural color? [ 1 Answers ]

On my profile picture you can see the roots that are light, and the botom is still blackish, what volume peroxide should I use? And where can I buy it at? Is it available at walgreens or walmart? Please help me. Thank you!

Hair wrong color [ 4 Answers ]

My 17 year old daughter went to get her dark brown hair dyed yesterday, asking for a medium/light brown, and specifically requesting NO RED, but the top turned out quite red and the remainder turned out okay. The hairdresser did the top first, because the roots were very dark. So, she went...

Wrong hair color [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair "light golden brown" which turned it to very dark brown. I followed up w/ a "medium blonde" which did absolutely nothing. How can I lighten this very dark mess?:eek:

Wrong hair color [ 9 Answers ]

I went to my long time hair stylist to get a dye job from my medium brown with highlights, she suggested a dark red brown. It came out to be very dark, almost black looking with lots of cherry, bright burgandy tint really bad on the top of my head. I don't mind the dark part it is the horrible...

Hair color gone wrong [ 1 Answers ]

Just dyed my hair, was going for a reddish brown and somehow got dark black with a burgundy cherry look. Can I dye it right away again or how do I fix it?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.