Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanna227 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 29, 2012, 05:22 PM
    I want to get over my ex
    My ex and I broke up like 6 months ago. We were together 4 years an we always break up for the same reason. Every time he meets someone new he always finds a problem in our relationship so he can go on to that person. He was talking to this girl while we were together an telling her our problems an she was telling him she can be better and so he wanted her. Since we broke up I told him to give me space to move on, he would do so for 3 days an start back calling an texting me. I wouldn't respond and he would continue till he gets through. When we do talk it would be for long an we would hang out an stuff, then he would stop text me for a while an then start again just so or I would tell him I want my space.

Recently he and the girl fell out he came to me with his problem, I was there for him but I didn't get involved cause I know this was just for a while and I would be treated bad after. He even asked me to get back but I said no. Apparently he and the girl got good again he stop call ans texting me. I told him is best we don't talk at all cause I want to move on, he hasn't text since but I can't get him off my mind. Ever since we broke up though he's always asking my cousin for me and about me. I'm fed up and want to move on. He is taking advantage of me and I can't handle it anymore. I want to move on and wait for somebody who's really for me and wouldn't hurt me so bad.

I don't want to rush anything with any one. He does that every time we break up he rushes into something else with someone and they don't last as long as 6 months. But what goes around comes around. I want some advice though.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Change your number, erase his, and practice strict NO Contact, ask your cousin not to tell you anything. Then just continue living your life, is going to take a while, especially now that you have kept in contact after the break up. You should have done this the moment you two broke up.

Feb 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Yea well this time around I erased it, and I would practice it. I have tried keeping no contact but he always comes around with a sad stry an I fall 4 it but I'm going to try as hard as it is rite nw. but I keep getting flashes in my head of him an this new grl. Thanks a lot though.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 11:30 PM
    Its called No Contact, and you have to use it until you heal and no longer have him haunting your thoughts. Also, it a good idea to have things to keep you busy, and happy, like family, friends, and activities you enjoy. Maybe school, to get a good job.

It takes time to heal properly, and you have plenty without him right?

Mar 1, 2012, 05:42 AM
    Oh yea I do have a lot of time without him and so I'm using it wisely nw, really catching up on my relationship with my friends and family.

I would really like some more advice please. Would really like if people read it an gave me their feedback

Mar 13, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Why my ex boyfriend not allowing me to move on
    My ex boyfriend and I have been in no contact for 3 weeks now after 5 mnths we've broken up. I try not to tlk to him at all bt he sends me messages on Facebook asking me how I'm going. His friend and I who we both met around d same time are really good friends now, he found out and went asking the boi and saying I told him we are friends which I didn't. I don't understand why he is doing this because I'm trying to move on with my life an he's trying in all ways 2 stop me. After all its what he wanted. When we had broke up he told me he want sumbdy new and he wants to start something different, he get that now he wants to live my life and his life. He can't want good 4 himself alone.I think he can't face d reality of me actually moving on cause he's accustomed to me running him dwn
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
    You are the one not allowing yourself to move on. You are choosing to respond to him when he baits you. You have chosen not to block his messages. When you are ready to move on, do so. Block him, and ignore him. Who cares what he has to day. He isn't the one holding you back and when you decide to really let go of him and all his antics and move on, none of this juvenile behavior will bother you.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Mar 13, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Welcome to this wonderul site, Shanna!
    It is in your hands, dear! Do not reply to his sms, message or email and as said by K.Commission G, you can block his message. If you do not want to keep any contact with him, just keep yourself off, him! But, if you have second opinion, keep the door of communication. It is entirely up to you, dear!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
    If you have truly moved on yourself, after five months, wondering what to do when he contacts you, shouldn't be a problem.

I agree that deciding yourself to cut all the social media ties, is a must. Block his phone number, and email.

Over is over and out. Not over, but a little bit in.

Mar 13, 2012, 12:20 PM
    Thank u... I have now decided to move on after the 5 months we've broken up and so I've nw started the no contact ting and I'm getting through so far that he's kind of giving me a hard time at it because I told him 2 leave me alone, but I'm going to block him, I already deleted his number an everything. What else I don't like is anyone I talk 2 he goes to them as though we are still close with each other so that the person would back away from me. I don't understand why he is doing so because we don't tlk period
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Block him on Facebook, change your number, erase his... do everything in your power for him not to be able to contact you... and if he does, ignore it. You are not allowing yourself to move on, your ex has nothing to do with it.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2012, 08:21 PM
    Block him,delete him and tell your friends your side of the story.

Ignore everything he says and does.

Mar 14, 2012, 11:09 PM
    I like this new guy
    I met this guy almost a year now but we have only recently started hanging out and getting to know each other and I'm starting to like him and he says he likes me, but I just want to take my time cause I'm new *** out a relationship where I'm heartbroken. How do I go about doing this?
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 03:50 AM
    The same way you are doing it now... You doing just fine... Let your brains work in a relationship as much as you allow your heart... Taking your time before end up in an odd place and feeling is not what most people seeks...
    You doing just fine.. Wish you the best

Mar 15, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Ohhhh well thank u. but I doh want my ex relationship 2 mess up this 1 because I'm going through a healin process an still think about my ex nt as much though

Mar 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
    Being friends with my ex
    I would like to know if after a while of no contact with your ex and you meet them recently and they've started calling you again and messaging you, and you hang out for a little while, then get intimate or something no feelings were attached from you to them.

He told me he wanted sex but he respects my decisions of not wanting to go the distance with him. My ex then keeps telling me he loves me and misses me but I don't respond to those messages because even though we started talking a little, I still don't miss him and I feel as though I've moved on a bit but after a few days I start to feel depressed and getting mixed emotions as to what to do but I don't show it to my ex, I play hardball when he messages me I take forever to reply and I just answer the question straight forward.

My ex also keeps telling me he's looking for a wife and I'm everything he needs but as far as I knew he was with another girl. So I don't know what's going on. I want to know what to do if I should go back into NC or just limit contact. I thought I was over him.
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Mar 28, 2012, 01:32 AM
    I think the reason why you aren't over him is because he still contacts you and he still makes you feel special even if the sincerity is questionable. You like the attention that you're getting from him and you also like the flowery words you're receiving from him. You can have a relationship with anyone even with him as long as he respects any of your decisions like if you do not want to be that intimate with him.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
    He wants to have sex-he told you so.

As far as you know he is with someone else,so do yourself a favour and stop replying to any of his texts-that way you can be sure you get over him.

Mar 28, 2012, 10:08 AM
    OK I'll try but this is really really hard. I think about him every min of the day I try not 2 bt the thoughts are always there. I don't know what 2 do again I've tried nc so many times sighhhh
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
    NC works-when you stick to it.

What happened with ''the new guy''?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search