Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edrobgol Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 11:29 AM
    How to put rent in escrow in New York city or bronx ny?
    SEEMS putting rent in escrow might encourage landlord to repair leak in livingroom ceiling. Please respond
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 29, 2012, 11:49 AM
    If you have reported the condition to the landlord and no action has been taken, then you can send the landlord a letter stating that you are placing next month's rent into an escrow account. If he does not repair the problem within one week, you will hire a contractor to repair the problem and pay them out of the rent payment,

Send this letter certified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install wire mold in apartments in the Bronx New York [ 3 Answers ]

I want to install wire mold in my apartment. Can I use wire mold yes or no?

Resident of long island city subject to New York city tax? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am a resident of long island city in queens and works in manhattan. Am I subject to New York city tax?

Classic comedy 4 guys rent an apartment in New york city [ 1 Answers ]

4 guys rent an apartment in the city in case they work late. They ask a girl to live in the apartment to be the house keeper. I think jack lemon was in the movie

Real Estate law in regard to Tenant issues in New York City(Bronx) [ 1 Answers ]

I live with the mother of my 4 children, The oldest is 18 yrs.then 17 and 13 and 14. The 2 youngest are on Social Security (SSI).The mother's name has never been on the lease or any utilites .the 4 children have the mother's last name , Because my last name was never on the birth certificets. I...

View more questions Search