Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skroas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
    F1 student forgot to file form 8843
    Hi,

I'm a F-1 student and I didn't know that I had to file form 8843 last year and I didn't find out until today. What should I do? Should I mail both in separate letters?

Please let me know.

E.
    Skroas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 10:06 AM
    I forgot to add that I have had no income during the past two years.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 02:34 PM
    Yes, mail them in SEPARATE envelopes; better late than never.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student on F-1 visa never filed Form 8843 before. Should I file all of them now? [ 2 Answers ]

I just learned that I am required to file Form 8843 annually. For some reason, no one at my school told me about this. I have been in the States since August 2009, so can I download and mail Form 8843 for 2009 and 2010 together? On another note, a friend of mine (who also was not aware of the...

What will happen if F1students forgot to file 8843 for years [ 3 Answers ]

Dear AtlantaTaxExpert, Here is some background information: I am an international student with F1 visa. I came here in August 2008, and I have not ever been working or receiving any scholarship in US. At first I was living with my cousin; and he said I have nothing to deal about taxation...

F1 student forgot to file form 8843 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been a F1 student since the fall of 2009, and I have had income since then. As I've only worked sporadically and have earned less than $3750 during 2009 and 2010, I didn't file for taxes (1040NR/EZ); but I also forgot to file the 8843 form for those two years. I only just came to realize...

International student forgot to file 8843 for previous year [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have been in the US as an international student since 2005 fall, and am still currently enrolled. I had no income in the year 2007, and didn't file the corresponding 8843 in the year 2008, as no one in our school had told us about it, I have just filed my 8843 for this year though ( as...

Forgot to file the Form 8843 for 2007. Can I still file it? [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I think I need to clarify the question about this. I was in the US from July 2006 to July 2007 with F-1 student visa. I again came back to the U.S. in August 2008 with J-1 trainee visa. I started to prepare for the tax return document (but actually I only need to pay the income...

View more questions Search