Ask
    mary26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2012, 10:47 PM
    Fired after I was hire for felon what can I do
    My job knew I have a felon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 28, 2012, 11:32 PM
    You were fired because of your record, and you claim they knew before they hired you?
    How soon were you fired, what state is this, is it a private company, how many employees?
    There is probably no recourse against the company, if that's what you are asking.
    You can try unemployment, but it is usually denied when fired, and they count earnings for the last 15 months, so it might be pennies anyway.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2012, 06:00 AM
    You may have recourse if you were fired in violation of company policy and you can prove it. If that is not the case, and you are in an at-will employment state, you can be fired for any reason at any time, as long as that reason is not your membership in a protected class.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 07:19 AM
    I would say find a new job, with what little info you provided us.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 07:52 AM
    When you were fired were you told it was because you are a felon? Do other felons work at the same place?

If so and you can PROVE you were singled out for no reason, you might have a case.

But as FrChuck said, I don't think we have enough info to really know.

Care to share more info?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got fired and no one will hire me till I do 1 yr or 6 mnths with another company. [ 2 Answers ]

I was one of the top 10 drivers at my job at schneider my awesome boss transferred to another account,then I got a new boss he liked me at first,I was doing special assignments for him but when I backed down from training a new hire to go on the road with as a team,and told him to speak to me like...

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Will companies hire a worker they fired previously? [ 8 Answers ]

I was fired from a job few years ago and I recently learned the same position is open now. Since the main reason I got fired was mainly for missing work one too many days, and now I have that issue taken care of, I believe I will be the best candidate for the position (having knowledge of their...

View more questions Search