Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Josep12314 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2012, 10:24 PM
    Background check
    Hi, I am currently working for Lowe's Home Improvement in NJ. I have an interview scheduled this week for a possible internship position with the same company, however in NC. Would they conduct ANOTHER background check now since I am already employed with the company. I do not have any felonies but I am worried about my credit score. I am in the process of paying off my debt but I still owe a few hundred dollars. Now my question is, would it be possible that I will not get this position because of my credit history? If anyone has any knowledge about this please help me out ASAP! THANK YOU!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
    I don't have any inside information for you, but I would assume that either they won't do another check or if they do they will overlook your credit score. Stay positive and confident and don't mention it. If they mention it (one in a million chance), say you want to work as many hours as you can to pay off loans you took out when unemployed, a student, or when you needed a new car. Don't elaborate. Not many people these days are without debt.
    Josep12314 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 05:50 AM
    Yea I guess your right……thank you for the feedback
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 06:39 AM
    As far as I know, at least in Ontario, your credit score has nothing to do with a background check which is more concerned with previous criminal activity. I have one done every year as a condition of employment.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 08:45 AM
    I used to work for a company that did sub-contracting for Lowe's. We did counter tops and installed them through contract with Lowe's in our area. In order to install for them, we had to submit to background checks that did include credit checks (I, myself refused as I thought that was ridiculous and didn't need anyone looking at my credit). They are concerned about the credit because of possible theft due to debt, though I think that reasoning is a joke. Anyway, I think that since you have already been through the check once, you will likely not have to face it again with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background Check [ 1 Answers ]

Is background check report and consumer report one and the same?

Will a military background check show up on a civilian criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Will a military background check show up on a civilian background check?

Background check [ 1 Answers ]

Does a misdemeanor in Mississippi show up on a background check in Florida

How do I see Background check [ 4 Answers ]

How do I find out what is on my background check it has already cost me 2 jobs?

Background Check [ 8 Answers ]

I am 72 years old, retired from a successful manufacturing background but, now seeking employment in a State Government position. Concerning the State of Georgia, Department of Labor - they ask for any traffic violations since you were 16 years old. About 25 years ago, I had a DUI - then about...

View more questions Search